Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: virtumonde?

Oddly enough it does seems to be stable again? So I am not real sure what the deal is then??

Emeritus-Security Expert

Why don't you run this free online virus scanner as a last check.

ESET
    • Note: You will need to use Internet explorer for this scan
    • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
    • Click Start
    • When asked, allow the activex control to install
    • Click Start
    • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is ticked, and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
    • Click Scan
    • Wait for the scan to finish
    • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
    • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Question Click Function?

OK, so I tired that and yet I cannot get anywhere with that site? In that, the "click-function" makes the standard noise and makes you think that it is doing something. However, the reality is that nothing is happening! And I checked my active x controls, and I even turned Adode Flas back on closed IE out and reopened it and still nothing? So I have tried everything that I can think of to download the scanner. However, it just is not happening here?

And while I would readily admit that a computer guru I am not. Although, I can typically figure out whatever need be in order to get something done. However, this thing has me stumped? As I thought that it was just a website I was on earlier, however I am just now noticing that it is all websites! So I am now having to right click on links (and start a "new tab" as the standard "click-link" function does not work). Equally as strange is that I cannot right click and use the open a "new window" function either? So now I am really perplexed and I really hadn't noticed this before, however something has a hold of this thing preventing me from downloading at that site! So I am not sure how to get around that one either?

Again, thanks so much for your help! What a pain huh? Thanks!

Emeritus-Security Expert

Go ahead and update to Internet Explorer 8, you can do that by opening IE and going to Tools > Windows Updates and download and install all critical updates including IE 8.

You can also download and install it from here
    http://www.microsoft.com/nz/windows/...r/default.aspx

Then try running ESET again

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Question Sorry for the delay!

Sorry for the delay, but this thing has been driving me nuts! You see, I attempted to download IE 8 (three different times now). And everything seemed to be going just fine at first, however it didn't take long into the updates before I got a fatal error on the first one. Which was said to be something to do with the drivers? Therefore since the "DELL Accessory" was not there to check or repair the drivers? Then I just followed the microsoft fatal error recovery directions and reinstalled the repair tool. Then I tried to do the repair, however the tool said that everything was fine?

So I rebooted the machine and tried to download IE8 again. Only I tried it without the updates this time (to see if that would help)? No dice! The machine downloaded the file and I started the install, but all of a sudden "Blue Screen!" And after attempting to reboot it kept coming up with an error code and wouldn't let me log onto to windows at all. As it kept giving me an error code that said, "A Problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer ERROR CODE 0x800703eb". <<That last digit could be a 6 as I had to transcribe the error, quickly. >> So after this incident I had to restore the machine once again.

Therefore I went back and made sure that I did Windows (and Office) Validation. All of which went off without a hitch. Thereforee I decided that I would try this one last time? So I downloaded IE8 again. Only this time I figured why not try and get the updates as well. However, that was probably a mistake as it went down even faster this time. So this time I got another "Blue Screen" and an all new fatal error code which was that of "c000021a" which then said "Fatal System Error 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)." And oddly enough I was just able to reboot this time (no need for system restore).

And yet, I have just now noticed that Spybot has added some new "Start-Up Values" (highlighted in yellow) which I have seen before but not recently. In that the first one is "KernelFaultC", the next one is "NvCplDaemon" and the last one is always a pain. As it is "ctfmon.exe" which is that of S-1-5-21-999183565-2060898865-3068839346-1006\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

So after all of that I went back and tried to do the Eset online scan. And yet, it still won't let me? So sorry for the delay and I know that this has to be a pain! So my apologies! And thanks for all of your help! As it is greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Emeritus-Security Expert

I am wondering if this is a hardware issue related to your graphics card.

Why don't you post here , see what they say and then post back. This is our sister site, like Safer its free but you will need to register

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Genera...ware_f126.html

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

OK, we'll do and I'll let you know! Thanks!

Emeritus-Security Expert

OK, you can link them to this thread so they can see what we have done and if you would like you can link me to the other post so I can offer any info they may need.

Ken

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Default Link!

Hey Man,

Thanks, that is exactly what I was thinking too! As I provided this link in my intial thread to them and I already have a response! Man, you guys don't play around! Anyways, the guy's name is "paws" that is helping me and he offered what sounds (to me) as good solid advice on how to figure out whether or not this is a hardware issue or not? And he said that we could diagnose from there? So here is the link:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Possib...84#entry627184

And again, thanks ever so much for all of your help and concern! You guys are the bomb!

Emeritus-Security Expert

Your in good hands with Paws, post back and keep me updated

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue