Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ikitek key logger

Lightbulb

Sorry to dig up this ancient thread, but one of my network PCs has somehow become infected by the Ititek keylogger. It has not been installed intentionally by the PCs owner.

I've been happily using Spybot S&D nor Malwarebytes for months with no detection of the Ititek keylogger occuring. It was through personal recommendation that I tried PCTools Spyware Doctor, which subsequently found the Ititek keylogger.

My point is this: While I understand the grey area in which commercial keyloggers ply their trade, by omitting to detect them both Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes are leaving a gap for unauthorised keylogging (i.e. installed without the knowledge of either the PC's owner or user) and providing a false sense of security.

Surely it makes sense to provide the option for a PC's owner to detect and remove commercial keyloggers, perhaps by placing the option to detect them in one of the advanced settings, with appropriate warnings about removing commercial keyloggers from unowned PCs.

Any thoughts ?

Sorry, I mean Ikitek key logger.

Hello,

It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
    So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other misses.
    Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

But if you are infected the next time we can locate the threat also in your bug report, although nothing is present after a scan. That would help to improve our database.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot