Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McAfee detected trojan, but unable to delete

Are you still with me?
    Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroom

Hi JonTom,

The first 3 steps have been completed. However for updating Java, you indicated to go to the Control Panel and click on the Java icon. Did you mean something else?

The MBAM log is attached.

Thank you,
    cndleflme4

Hello cndleflme4

Thank you for the MBAM log.

Did you mean something else?
    Providing you did not uninstall Java(TM) 6 Update 18 you should have a Java icon in your control panel window. Is it not there?

No worries, we can always download the latest Java manually

1. Please update your Java

• Download the latest version of Java by clicking here
      • Scroll down the page until you reach "Java Platform Standard Edition".
      • Beneath this and to the right, you will see a button marked "Download JRE".
      • Click the "Download JRE" button.
      • Select the platform (Windows, in your case), multi language.
      • Accept the license agreement and click on "Continue".
      • You do not have to register if you do not want to (the registration step is optional).
      • Scroll down and click on the file called jre-6u21-windows-i586.exe located under "Windows Offline Installation".
      • Save the file to your desktop.
      • Do not select Run.
      • Double click on the saved file (jre-6u21-windows-i586.exe) to install the update.
      • Delete the downloaded installation file after completing the above procedure and reboot your system if not prompted to do so.

2. Please perform the following scan:

• This is a very deep scan that can take many hours. In some instances you may need to let it run overnight. Please be patient.

• It is recommended that you disable your onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans to eliminate software conflicts and to speed up scan time.
      • DO NOT surf the net while your resident protection is disabled!
      • Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your resident antivirus protection along with whatever antispyware applications you use.

• Please perform a Kaspersky Online Scan of your computer by clicking here or here.

• Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
      • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
      • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer.
      • This will start the program and scan your system.
      • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run (at times it may appear to stall).
      • Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
      • Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
      • Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.

• Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report. To obtain the report:
      • Click on: Save Report As
      • Next, in the Save as prompt, Save in area, select: Desktop
      • In the File name area, use KScan, or something similar In Save as type, click the drop arrow and select:Text file [*.txt]
      • Then, click: Save
      • Please post the Kaspersky Online Scanner Report in your reply.
      • If you need help performing the above steps, an animated tutorial can be found here.

Please post the Kaspersky Online Scan log in your next reply and let me know how your machine is running now

Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed.

If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.