Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fluffermine-D trojan infection

I do not like using the power button to turn the computer off because I know its not good for it, but when the computer goes to a black screen and doesn't change for an extended period of time, there is no other choice that I'm aware of. It happens pretty much every time I shut down/reboot, although it seems that it happens when it's trying to start Windows rather than during the shutdown process. I also sometimes have problems with the BSOD, although it hasn't happened since I upgraded FF a week or so ago. That could be coincidental but before the BSOD would be presaged by one or more instances while watching a movie where the audio would seem to catch and make an obnoxious noise, which could last a few seconds, or be resolved by CTRL-SHIFT-ESC/CTRL-ALT-DEL, but eventually I'd get the BSOD if I didn't reboot first.

If you have a recommendation of where I can ask for advice on the black screen, I'm happy to check it out. I'm thinking I'll have to reinstall Windows from the HDD image.

I have not used IE with the forum. I'm quite new here, as you can see, and I generally use FF for all my browsing. The problem has happened twice this week, under the circumstances I described.

Namaste, peace & love,
    Glenn

Default Bsod

I just had the aforementioned BSOD experience. Immediately after restarting, I opened FF and then started a video, and got the same annoying sound using Windows Media Player (I usually use MPC) but Windows didn't crash.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Good Morning,

I think at this point the problems your having could be windows or hardware related.

Why dont you go to this site and register, like Safer its free, use your same user name that your using here.
    http://www.whatthetech.com/

Then post in there windows forum, you can also link them to this thread so they can see what we have done so far
    http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

They can run you through some tests to determine if your problem is hardware or software related and offer advice

Ken
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Default Thanks!

Thanks for your help, Ken. I will do that. I appreciate your help!

What is your opinion on the Spybot proxy?

Namaste, peace & love,
    Glenn

Emeritus-Security Expert

That proxy was not normal for running IE so I am assuming that malware put it there.

Post back and let me know when you post at WTT so I can follow along and offer advice if they need it

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Default Thread on WTT

Yeah, I disabled that proxy when I found it. Thought it odd but I can be forgetful so I didn't think much of it.

Here's my WTT thread: Hanging and BSOD problems

Thanks again! Especially since you were getting back to me multiple times a day!

Namaste, peace & love,
    Glenn

Emeritus-Security Expert

I'm linked so will get notifications when there is a reply

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue