Thread: stopped cookies block internet pages

Question stopped cookies block internet pages

Dear SB angels

I am sorry if this question sounds very basic but I am pretty much a Computer newbie.

I have installed SB and immunized my system as well as running the tea-timer. The problem is that whenever SB blocks a cookie my internetexplorer stops uploading the page. It just states that the download is complete but all I get is a blank white screen. this keeps happening even if I hit the reload-button or retype the link.

I am happy that SB blocks those tracking cookies, but unfortunantely I need a lot of the sites I cant see for research purposes (I am a student).

Is there an easy way to get rid of the problem? (Unfortunantely my knowledge of the inner workings of both my computer and its programms is very limited at best)

That would be great!
    Thanks

Spirals

Are you getting an alert box when that happens?Something like this:
    Spybot-S&D has blocked the download of (Avenue A,Adrevolver,etc...)

Yes that es what it looks like. I can only click ok and the alert vanishes. But the page doesn´t continue to load and just stayes blank.

Sorry ...

Its mostly things like CasaMedia and DoubleClick if I remember correctly

Okay.Immunization prevents tracking cookies too,and that may be part of why you are seeing some blank pages,also.But,you can try getting the bad download blocker to ask for blocking confirmation,and see if that works.
    Does this happen on a lot of sites?

Open Spybot,then click the Immunize page,and then scroll down until you see 'Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer.'Right below that click the pull-down menu,and you should see three choices:Block all pages silently,Display dialog when blocking,and then Ask for blocking confirmation.
    Try selecting Ask for blocking confirmation.Now,Spybot should ask you whether you want to block the download or not.If you come to a page that you know to display blank,you can now tell Spybot you don't want the cookie blocked.

Or,if you are getting blank pages on a lot of sites,and the above just doesn't cut it,you can disable the Bad Download Blocker by opening the Immunize Page,then removing the checkmark next to 'Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer.'

If none of the above helps,please post back.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2006-12-20 at 02:27.