Thread: uncooperative programs

Default uncooperative programs

I read the posts on this forum fairly regularly and always with particular interest are the ones about other software conflicting with Sybot S&D. You see, I am switching AV and firewalls soon( when current subs. expires) and aam leaning towards KIS but I wanted to find out if any conflicts with it have been reported, I do not want to get rid of Sybot just because someone elses program doesn't recognize quality.Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leebob View Post
    ... aam leaning towards KIS ...
    My apologies, but I have had acronym overload for years. Can someone reading this thread assume that "KIS" is Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default correct

Yes, it is Kaspersky Internet Security.Also studying Nod 32 AV but not sure what Firewall to run with it that will "agree" with everything.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

If no one provides any first hand information about possible conflicts between the products you are looking at and Spybot, I offer the following:

re: Kaspersky Internet Security:
    • Kaspersky is mentioned several times in the following thread:

Including this post by ganymede2981 who specifically mentions using their Internet Security program:

As a one time poster in this forum who joined the forum the same day that they made that post and took the time to express their opinion about Kaspersky, I suppose that you could assume that ganymede2981 would have also taken the time to mentioned any conflicts between Kaspersky Internet Security and Spybot that they had encountered.

re: NOD32
    • In that same thread you will note that NOD32 is tashi's "... personal preference ..." for an anti-virus. You can be assured that there is no conflict with Spybot or else it would not be listed.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-01-29 at 22:04.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thank you

for your time and consideration. I haven't swapped anti-virus or firewalls before and it's not a decision to take lightly.Your links were very helpful.