Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Detection support library - download problem

The switch from 1.2 to 1.3 was quite some time back, so I can't say from memory how exactly updating was recommended back then. I think we had a reminder in updates that said "Go to the website and download the new version", but the problem is that that appeared only once, and may have been clicked away by some users.

Detection updates are still available to older versions, and would download there, but they're probably not working 100%, missing some things... in which case Spybot-S&D 1.2 should tell you that some detection rules would need a newer version - unless you disabled that warning in the settings

By the way, 1.5 should be compatible again, and would already be ready if we wouldn't have these lengthy discussions with Microsoft about their requirements for security software to be more unsafe then necessary to get Certified for Vista Will probably post something about that soon
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The switch from 1.2 to 1.3 was quite some time back, so I can't say from memory how exactly updating was recommended back then. I think we had a reminder in updates that said "Go to the website and download the new version", but the problem is that that appeared only once, and may have been clicked away by some users.

Detection updates are still available to older versions, and would download there, but they're probably not working 100%, missing some things... in which case Spybot-S&D 1.2 should tell you that some detection rules would need a newer version - unless you disabled that warning in the settings

By the way, 1.5 should be compatible again, and would already be ready if we wouldn't have these lengthy discussions with Microsoft about their requirements for security software to be more unsafe then necessary to get Certified for Vista Will probably post something about that soon

hey its possible there was a 1 time warning. We are all good, thanks for the answers!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doma3 View Post
    Thats great but didn't answer my questions.
    Doma3:

Actually, I didn't intend on answering your questions.

I believe that I have helped you understand why you may be having difficulties with updates and I have made suggestions that should help you with those update problems.

My main purpose in posting in this forum is to try to help people understand Spybot and/or recover from problems that they are experiencing. I believe that I have done that.

Good luck to you.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.