Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windows No Disk Error Message

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Misca:

Follow the instructions here (it should work without the media in the drive):

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Oh my God!! It WORKED!! It really WORKED!!! You are awesome!
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Woohoo!

You'll have to excuse me, I gotta lotta nasty bots to get rid of............................................................

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Misca:

Follow the instructions here (it should work without the media in the drive):
    I too am getting "There is no disk in the drive..." However, my primary hard drive is indeed drive c:. Worse, if I hit "continue" the 4 or so times it takes to clear the message, my computer auto-reboots everytime! My home machine is completely useless - any hints as to what to try?

Default i have a new solution!

I tried everything that was suggested and more and it didn't work then I tried this: I went to Device Manager clicked on my CD Rom drive then clicked update driver. Once I was there I clicked on "install from a list or specific location". I picked the first item on the list and voila- after a full week of trying to record on a disc I can -with no problems!!!!!

begelfand!! This is exactly the process that causes me the exception. "No disk" Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x764392A0 0x00000004 0x764392A0 0x764392A0.

I don't know how did i cause it. I installed in a very little time period: bsplayer, community codec pack, winrar and Daemon Tools (with its SPTD v1.56). What can i do? I am really despertaed... this is a nightmare... i always have to have this error in a corner because i can't stop it :(

Quote Originally Posted by bgelfand View Post
    I suspect your problem may be related to some of the recent security fixes for XP rather than Spybot. A friend of mine who runs XP (I have Windows 2000) has the same problem after he logs on, but without running Spybot.

I suggest you leave the message on the screen and start Task Manager. Pick the "APPLICATIONS" tab in task manager. Highlight the "Windows - No Disk" application in the Task Manager. Then RIGHT click on it and select "Go To Process" That will move you to the processes tab and highlight the process issuing the message. On my friend's machine, that is CSRSS.EXE. What is it on your machine? Do NOT try to terminate the process; it is part of the operating system.

I suspect patch KB902400 had something to do with this problem; it was the last patch I installed on his machine before the problem manifest itself. However, I do not think it is the patch by itself. If you have KB902400 on your system, you might try removing it and see if the problem persists. Make sure you reinstall the patch; it is a critical security patch.

Quote Originally Posted by towner7 View Post
    When running Spybot:
    I get this:
    Windows No Disk
    Exception Processing Message
    c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6b9fc
    (with an option to
    continue cancel retry
    this is driving me nuts~
    I have tried to re-install spybot and, even ran
    start-run-sfc /scannow
    with the orignial windows xp cd
    with no luck on this problem
    anyone have a better idea??:
    I am getting this exact error>
    My drive assignments are as follows:

A: Floppy
    B: none
    C: removable disk
    D: removable disk
    E: removable disk
    F: removable disk
    G: DVD Ram drive
    H: Local disk
    L: Toshiba EXT

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

BNDAZ:

Drives A:, B: and C: should be either unassigned or assigned as follows:
    • A: Floppy drive
    • B: Floppy drive
    • C: Hard disk drive

You can try putting media in drive C: or better yet reassign the device to another letter as follows:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    BNDAZ:

Drives A:, B: and C: should be either unassigned or assigned as follows:
    • A: Floppy drive
    • B: Floppy drive
    • C: Hard disk drive

You can try putting media in drive C: or better yet reassign the device to another letter as follows:
    Resolved , thank you !

solved, guys. with a restore point. I think it was community codec pack or bsplayer who ****** vista.

be careful with them.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-07-26 at 17:27. Reason: edited out a word

Default signed up just to say

Thanks!
    Changed my drive letter on a removable media drive, from C to another and it stopped all problems. Thanks very much!