Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Spybot Search & Destroy 2.0 Beta 4 many suggestions

Setup process - too many choices and difficult for user, but advanced user can understand it and may be accept - SUGGESTION - simple is better.

I don't understand and can't accept the following:

-from License Agreement (1 Preface) in Setup: "In order to offer a clean boot of Windows for our Service CD (comes with the Personal Edition), we had to license a limited Windows 7 from Microsoft ..." Why there is Windows 7!? SUGGESTION -maybe other os for service cd is more easy for licensing and also works better?

-why i can't unchek in setup at components selection the following items - more various helpful tools (maybe i don't need them or wil know what tools there are) and Background update service (maybe i can't update or don't want update)!? - - SUGGESTION - tools and update service can be unchecked

-why there in Selected components: is Background update service if in setup all schedules are unchecked!? SUGGESTION - if there is no checked schedules then there is no need for update service....

-why Spybot-S&D Start Center is placed twice in start menu!? SUGGESTION - keep it simple - one program one place in start menu

Live protection can be stopped and services can be managed - this is good.

Spybot Search & Destroy 2.0 Beta 4 become better but many improvements are still needed. SUGGESTION - Beta 4 can't be release candidate.

Sorry, English is not my language...

Lightbulb

The reason for Windows 7 is that Spybot only runs on Windows, and at this time only Windows 7 is available for license.

I'm using 2.0.5.0 Build 20110804:

1) I do NOT like having multiple windows open, everything should be contained in one window.

2) Why is the maximize / minimum button disabled on the Start Center

3) If you do continue with having to open multiple windows, then you need to be able to 'remember' the window settings (position, column width, . . . )

Lightbulb

~~My 2 Suggestions are~~
    1. Full Screen would be nice to see Again. and the Icons feel so Scatter. i know this is a new version but instead of that Clean look it feels it is Scattered about now.

2. and Live Protection is to controlling, it scans everything just about. the Add/Remove was Scanned,Calender was Scanned, and a few other things.

i can understand scanning things, but this is the very reason i dislike Nortons Antivirus because it was on the controlling side. plus i dislike waiting every time i want to check my Calender ^.^;

so if this can be changed to a Custom or even a Lesser Option on scanning it would be nice, if not i'll stick with the first version ^.^;;

By the way Thanks for being such a great Group of people that are helping others that get Spyware,Viruses and things it helps very much

Hi

A faster and simpler way to create whitelists.
    A simple link "Create Whitelist" also a link to edit lists.
    Something straight forward and simple.

It's not very clear as of now, especially if you don't create the whitelist immediately after install.

You guys still haven't changed the grammar issue/mistake in Spybot. As I said a long time ago, if you hit Setting - Dialog and read through the text, you'll read ".. if you regard yourself as a pro and want öuick action...". Öuick should be replaced with "quick". I know this isn't what your main focus is right now, and it shouldn't be either, but it's just "dull". I understand that you guys are focus on other stuff, which is good, but before you release the final version, this should be fixed.

Another thing, I have to say you have improved the interface. It's less "packed" with stuff. That's good. However, I want it to be less "packed". And I know one thing you can do. Remove "News" from the interface. Because if you click on "News" or "Website", you'll get redirected to the same place - namely your website. So what's the point of having two things who do the same thing, when you can use one and the interface will become nicer. I suggested earlier to remove one donation thing, because it was two of them in the interface, and you listened to me and did so. Hopefully you will do it this time as well.

One more thing I want you guys to change is how the system tray are working. When you right-click on the system tray icon, you get a lot of stuff up in the "window". The only thing I want you guys to have in that "window" is: Live protection, Firewall, Quarantine, System scan and Donate. Also, I want it to show up the UI when you double-click the icon. The reason why I want it to be not so many "options" in the "window" is because it can confuse a lot of the "average users", and I don't think it's very helpful either. Additionally, when you click on "System scan", a new window can pop up which show you the possibilities of scanning options, whether you want to scan folders or a full system scan. This is up to you guys in the Spybot team to decide, but it's just a suggestion.

It would also be nice if there could be an option to whether or not "Associated Tasks" should be shown.

Best regards,
    Imageek

Lightbulb

Hello

I hope my first post in here could be some how useful.
    I'm sorry if this was already suggested, I just would like to choose which applications should be whitelisted.

Thanks for your time and great work,
    K.

Default spybot 2 beta 4

Hello
    I used old versions of Spybot for many years, nice piece of software.
    I also appreciate the efforts for updating it.
    Said that, my very first impressions:
    1 - I'm not sure that fragmenting the program in many frames is a good idea. Instead, I'm sure many end users like me would prefer a single-frame program, where everything's in control at the same time. Actually a more compact UI appearence may appeal more either expert users and newbies.
    2 - functions look a bit confused and lost, even due to the previous point
    3 - users should be able to choose which function keep or quit, included automatic startup ecc
    4 - one should be able to update when in the immunization frame - currently you have to get out of it to perform updating

greetings

After trying the beta, the only suggestion that comes to mind is:

Scrap this and rewrite it from scratch.

From the confusing and unnecessarily fragmented UI to the completely unoptimized and resource hogging engine this is a complete disaster.

Default beta 4

Finally, I turned back to the previous stable version. It works flawless to me, despite of its apparent age.
    My suggestions, after trying the last beta for a couple of days, are:
    1 - Rethink the way users approach utility programs lately. I believe people more and more look for COMPACT user interfaces and STANDALONE applications, even because the use of smaller screens/terminals is more and more widespread nowadays. Also, resources are never enough, expecially on net-laptops.
    2 - The less invasive software looks, the more people appeal it. That means absolutely NO unwanted background services running, single-frame resizeable UI, NO to unuseful animations. Even today, a perfect exemple to me is the ancient Tweak UI. Plain and trustful style then, pithiness and no-frills is just what users need

Greetings