Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got windows 7 home premium...

Lightbulb Just got windows 7 home premium...

and man, it's awesome!!! Just as fast as the RC, finally Microsoft didn't screw this one up. Anyone else have it yet? I got it on the 22nd, but didn't have time to post til now. Go newegg! haha.

I have Windows 7 Premium 32-bit. Love it.

Aiming to put Ultimate 64-bit on another computer soon as I can.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    Anyone else have it yet?
    I'll install it on Sunday or Monday and hope that there are no big problems with my security programs like AntiVir, Spybot and SpywareBlaster....
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Smile

I'm just sticking with Vista for the time being. However that doesn't mean I can't have the Windows 7 'feel'.

ARG! No support for duo cores... Well, Home Premium that is D:<.

But Microsoft was vague about it when they said Windows 7 will support more than one cores. I was curious on what kind of things Windows 7 will support. Programs?

It would really be (slightly) crippled if Windows 7 Home Premium (running on a Duo Core 2) disabled a program's support for duo processors (program runs like normal, except it does not utilize duo cores because Windows 7 fails to allow it).

Lightbulb ummm....

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    ARG! No support for duo cores... Well, Home Premium that is D:<.

But Microsoft was vague about it when they said Windows 7 will support more than one cores. I was curious on what kind of things Windows 7 will support. Programs?

It would really be (slightly) crippled if Windows 7 Home Premium (running on a Duo Core 2) disabled a program's support for duo processors (program runs like normal, except it does not utilize duo cores because Windows 7 fails to allow it).
    I have a quad core, and it utilizes all 4 of them on home premium. As far as I know that is. It sure looks like that. Anyways, I'm not entirely sure on that information, might have to look into it. Wheres bitman when you need him? lol.

Wheres bitman when you need him? lol.

Thank you for the links.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Esteemed Member

Wheres bitman when you need him? lol.
    Helping his cousin choose the new Windows 7 Home Premium PC that will finally replace that old Windows XP Home thing (originally ME!). In fact, it will have quad-core and 10+ times the capacity/quantity of virtually everything else on the old one!

You've already found your answer, but the limit is physical processors, not cores which are covered no matter how many there are. This is the direction of the future, with multiple cores taking the place of clock speed as the method to scale and increase overall processing speed. Overclocking is simply a dead idea, the new idea is cool, fast and non-blocking.

If you want the info from the source, here's the Microsoft page on the matter:
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/a...licensing.aspx

Bitman

Lightbulb haha thats good to hear.

What are your thoughts on windows 7 bitman? Do you like it, think its a good OS? What do you all think? In my opinion, Windows 7 has the speed of Xp with the reliability of windows 2000. Windows 7 has actually changed my whole view of what Microsoft can really do when they work hard enough. To bad, that they use this work broken cycle to make business. What I mean is, I see a pattern with Microsoft.

Windows 3.1>ok
    Windows 95>bad
    Windows 98>good
    Windows Me>Bad
    Windows 2000>Good
    Windows Xp>great
    Windows Vista>horrible
    Windows 7> amazing

If you ask me, I seem to think that every now and then, they release a "bad" OS just so that there next one can be seen as amazing and beautiful. The reason being, everyone will compare the newest one to the one before it. Example>vista to 7. Everyone compared 7 to vista. However, I compared 7 to Xp, as that is the last operating system that Microsoft made that was good. And even after comparing to Xp, 7 (in my case) is faster and more reliable even on the same hardware. If you think about it though, it's great business sense; and an easy way to rake in much more money. Just my thoughts.

What do you guys think?