Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scan sort of stuck on Virtumonde.dll

Default Scan sort of stuck on Virtumonde.dll

After applying today's updates, the scan seems to be stuck on Virtumonde.dll. The scan is advancing slowly, but it's been on Virtumonde.dll for a good 40 minutes.

Anyone have any idea?

Regards,
    Charles

I haven't done a scan yet... but I will this evening.

Have you cleared the cache, temp. files, and cookies from your browsers? Have you defragmented your drive lately?

Also, were there any entries detected?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I haven't done a scan yet... but I will this evening.

Have you cleared the cache, temp. files, and cookies from your browsers? Have you defragmented your drive lately?
    Not recently. I'll do that and see what happens. FYI, this is an old W2k station that is only used to evaluate software. It's image of C:, last created 2 years ago, is restored after each evaluation is completed.

Also, were there any entries detected?
    I'm still waiting for this scan to complete (3 hours now). Nothing has been found so far. Previous scans always completed normally with nothing found.

Regards,
    Charles

Alright, first do that first.

What I was thinking was to ignore the "entry" in Spybot. Thus, the scan will continue. If Virtuemonde was not detected on the computer, then I guessing that one ignore entry will do.

Alright, first do that first.

What I was thinking was to ignore the "entry" in Spybot. Thus, the scan will continue. If Virtuemonde was not detected on the computer, then I guessing that one ignore entry will do.
    OK. I've cleared all browser caches and ALL user temp folders. Same problem.
    The scan reaches around 13400 and then slows to a crawl.

If that won't do...

Run Spybot-SD in ADVANCED MODE>SETTINGS>IGNORE PRODUCTS. Find the "Virtuemonde.dll" entry and tick it. Spybot will not detect it in future scans. See if this resolves it.

Problem does not happen on my old Win98 station or my XP notebook (both of which are actually used day-to-day).

Regards,
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesF View Post
    After applying today's updates, the scan seems to be stuck on Virtumonde.dll. The scan is advancing slowly, but it's been on Virtumonde.dll for a good 40 minutes.

Anyone have any idea?

Regards,
    Charles
    Well clarify which OS this problem is occurring on. Did you read my instructions in the previous post?

Scan finally completed sometime overnight on the W2K station. Nothing found.

Regards,
    Charles

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

CharlesF:

The scan for Virtumonde.dll does seem to take a significant portion of the overall scan time. Spybot 1.6, being beta tested now, greatly reduces the overall scan time and should help relieve the problem with the scan for Virtumonde.dll.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.