Thread: [Solved] Vista Malware Monitoring Issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Vista Status

I never got any answers to this, and I searched the forums for "vista" but didn't see any relevant posts. Has anyone else had this problem, where Spybot and TeaTimer are installed under Vista, but don't show up in the Malware Protection area of Security Center? I installed the Beta version (1.5) of Spybot but it still reports it as version 1.4, and I have 1.5.0.6 TeaTimer.

Hi there.

Quote Originally Posted by andybuonviri View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem, where Spybot and TeaTimer are installed under Vista, but don't show up in the Malware Protection area of Security Center?
    I noted the same on my Vista machine. I will ask what the status is from this end.
    I installed the Beta version (1.5) of Spybot but it still reports it as version 1.4, and I have 1.5.0.6 TeaTimer.
    Spybot-S&D is at Version 1.4, it is the Beta tools that are at higher version numbers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I never got any answers to this, and I searched the forums for "vista" but didn't see any relevant posts. Has anyone else had this problem, where Spybot and TeaTimer are installed under Vista, but don't show up in the Malware Protection area of Security Center? I installed the Beta version (1.5) of Spybot but it still reports it as version 1.4, and I have 1.5.0.6 TeaTimer.
    The sbsdtools15beta.exe file does NOT include an updated Spybot program, andybuonviri. only updated tools. that's why Spybot is still at version 1.4.