Thread: TeaTimer - 100% CPU usage

Default TeaTimer - 100% CPU usage

Hello,

I've been using TT since its inception, and do see the other threads questioning the high CPU usage, and with the latest version, it has really gone over the top. No matter what I do, it runs 100% of the CPU. I've shut it down completely, as I have no other choice until this is fixed.

I rely solely on TT for registry changes, and only have NIS 2006 running in conjunction with TT.

Another glitch with the latest version (and I did uninstall the previous version completely) TT refused to begin at startup and I have to manually start the executable.
    Last edited by Crystal Sky; 2008-07-13 at 16:19. Reason: Sp.

Try the registry checker that is provided by the makers of Spybot S&D, and it depends if your CPU is old or not, mine is not cus i have a P4 runnin at 3GHz. Also it depends how many processes of unused programs or unwanted programs are running. And if it is working on detecting/deleting registries it will probably have more processor power consumption.

What portions of NIS do you have active?
    most likely the AV
    What else runs at startup?

Quote Originally Posted by wyrmrider View Post
    What portions of NIS do you have active?
    most likely the AV
    What else runs at startup?
    NvCpl.dll
    ccApp.exe
    AdMunch.exe
    qlock.lnk
    TrayIt!.lnk
    Rainlendar.lnk
    TrayIt!.lnk
    TeaTimer (DISABLED)

Quote Originally Posted by Neckername View Post
    Try the registry checker that is provided by the makers of Spybot S&D, and it depends if your CPU is old or not, mine is not cus i have a P4 runnin at 3GHz. Also it depends how many processes of unused programs or unwanted programs are running. And if it is working on detecting/deleting registries it will probably have more processor power consumption.
    Without TT running, I have 32 processes between 7% to 10% CPU usage. 1.8 GHz, 1 GB Ram.

While I'm not seeing the constant 100% CPU usage, I'm seeing constant 1% CPU usage and also 50% CPU spikes (on a dual core CPU) when a process starts up. I understand that there would be some CPU usage when TT needs to check a new process, but 50% seems like a lot and also the constant 1% TT is using while the computer is idle ...

Smile

There are at least four separate threads on this subject now, see also

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30923
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30651
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=289

perhaps the forum moderator could look at combining them.

As it stands it appears that most XP users are experiencing what seems like unwarranted periods of sustained CPU activity when Teatimer is actived and also possible growth in the amount of memory used by Teatimer when the PC is run for long periods of time (leakage?).

Basically I think we are all now waiting for some official response on this subject.

Smile

Mine was running at 99% consistently and was using 34 MB Ram. I understand the spikes when it is checking the system, but not to run and run. I really hope this is looked into and fixed soon. I am running Regprot in the interim and it is using only 152 KB Ram. Quite a difference, but it is not TT.