Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm on Win 10 Pro, after update Anti Beacon still worked fine here (at least it says it works), only had to stop Cortana by myself delenting a ton of registry entries (don't ask me which ones, I just deleted a lot of them and stoped after getting tired lol). I think I went too far tho, can't type on the Start menu to get my programs quick anymore, but I can live with that

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinin View Post
    I'm on Win 10 Pro, after update Anti Beacon still worked fine here (at least it says it works), only had to stop Cortana by myself delenting a ton of registry entries (don't ask me which ones, I just deleted a lot of them and stoped after getting tired lol). I think I went too far tho, can't type on the Start menu to get my programs quick anymore, but I can live with that

After the update Anti-Beacon required the system to be re-immunized. That went without a hitch. But you will likely notice after a bit of time that reopening Anti-Beacon will reveal that the telemetry sections need to be reapplied. Everything else sticks.

It sounds as tho you've managed to completely disable Cortana. On my system, doing so resulted in the same behavior with the search box.