Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default parental control

if it is not to much of a suggestion, a parental control should be included in 1.5

i got some idears i use a program called AVG anti spyware AKA ewido.

Web site blocker
    Adult
    Hacking/Proxies
    Warez
    Guns Warfare
    Chating Online
    Internet Games
    Computer Games
    Anime/Henity
    Cartoons
    Raisiem and Cults and more

Detection Spyware

better registry detecion
    Boot Logs
    Better memory Detection
    BHO Viewer and deleter
    LSP Viewer
    All Files On Hard Drive
    Adware
    Spyware
    Trojan
    Dilar
    Grayware
    Hoxes
    Fake Spyware Remover Programs (etc) Spyware Quake-Spy Felcon
    Keyloggers
    Drive Bye Downloads
    Data Mineing
    Tracking Cockeys
    Browser Hijackers/BHO
    Spyware Registry Keys
    Toolbars
    Parasites
    Malware
    Scumware
    Active X Infections
    Memory
    Boot Log
    MTF Spyware
    Pageing Files Spyware
    And more

And search up all thease types of spyware

Boot scan
    Better memory Detection in scan
    BHO scan
    LSP scan
    Adware
    Spyware
    Trojan
    Dilar
    Grayware
    Hoxes
    Fake Spyware Remover Programs (etc) Spyware Quake-Spy Felcon
    Keyloggers
    Drive Bye Downloads
    Data Mineing
    Tracking Cockeys
    Browser Hijackers/BHO
    Spyware Registry Keys
    Toolbars
    Parasites
    Malware
    Scumware
    Active X Infections
    Memory
    Boot Log
    MTF
    Pageing Files
    And more

Some may get detected but sould have more Inhances scans
    Better looking skins When scans and deletes make sure that it deletes them propley cos some time they dont go away and thats my idear

Also try other anti spyware progs and get the spyware figerprints out of it (etc) Ewido Trend Micro and more there my idear.
    Last edited by **JameS**; 2006-11-29 at 06:30.

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Please let's keep it civil.

Also, not everyone has access to cable/DSL.

Regards.
    perhaps my comments were a little outspoken and maybe out of line, tashi. I apologize if I had offended anyone.

I get that not everyone can get cable or DSL internet access but the number of broadband internet users continue to rise while the number of dialup users continue to fall. more and more people are getting faster and more reliable internet connections whether dialup or broadband. it's the sign of the times. heck, my aunts signed up for DSL last month. even my cousins have cable internet (about two times faster than my DSL connection). my brother and I signed up for AT&T Yahoo DSL earlier this year.

I would encourage BrainDedd to find ways to improve his internet connections so he wont "complain" about spybot updates getting too big. sign up with either NetZero or PeoplePC if broadband connections arent available where he lives or if he cant afford broadband access. Netzero & PeoplePC have plenty of dialup numbers and provide very reliable 56k internet connections and are almost as fast as DSL/cable.

anyway, Spybot now is offering smaller updates as noted on the web site so there's NO excuse not to download updates.

also, new computers being manufactured these days no longer include 56K modems. I've recently looked at a brand new HP computer at Staples and I found out it had no dialup modem included.
    Last edited by noel-pr7; 2006-12-16 at 01:37.

Quote Originally Posted by **JameS** View Post
    i got some idears i use a program called AVG anti spyware AKA ewido.
    I also use AVG anti-spyware but I use the freeware edition

How about a sticky that only is allowed to be edited by the moderator, and just lists the latest link to the beta versions and updates?

Alternatively, these can be linked on the download page. Not only is it hard to find a beta version, but when using my Spybot settings to download them, there's not much information given (even the latest complete version number isn't listed).

Perhaps I'm missing the post or page where versions and changes are gathered together in one spot. If so, please post the url.

Exclamation Two Words AUTO UPDATE

Also for the occassional manual-updater-person a "SELECT ALL UPDATES" button would be awesome!

Don't make us click each checkbox for each update

Keep up the good work.
    Spybot Team you're the best.

and once new updates have all been downloaded, that it will add the newest by program hitting the IMMUNIZE button + Add host file.

I do this everytime I update, to add the new stuff should it have updates in this area.

Might even be a good time to restart the client.

So, updates are gotten, clients installs new updates, REimmunizes itself, REadds the host file and then restarts the client with out prompting. Just happens.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

NerdsOfTech:

Quote Originally Posted by NerdsOfTech View Post
    Also for the occassional manual-updater-person a "SELECT ALL UPDATES" button would be awesome!

Don't make us click each checkbox for each update
    You don't have to check each update!!! See the following thread:
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-06-03 at 14:32.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Smile

What about if teatimer option could be activated/deactivated only by administrative user..., if a "normal" user is able to deactivate teatimer, could it be a little security problem ?!?

Maybe, it could be implement by an option in install step, if admin prefer activate teatimer for all profile ?

Bye & thx for all

Default Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    What about if teatimer option could be activated/deactivated only by administrative user..., if a "normal" user is able to deactivate teatimer, could it be a little security problem ?!?

Maybe, it could be implement by an option in install step, if admin prefer activate teatimer for all profile ?

Bye & thx for all
    This would be great.But there are times when you NEED to turn teatimer off.
    I had a serious problem when teatimer alerts were literally filling up my screen telling me the same attempts at reg changes were being blocked- due to a long term infection that i couldn't clean.The fill rate was about 3 alert boxes per sec! I needed to turn it off just to get functionality from my pc! So, easy you think.WRONG!It is not. A simple right click on the systemtray icon then navigate up the menu to switch the tea-timer off...but wait...the pop up menu from the systemtray resets/disappears as EACH new alert box appears.So the program and me have approx one third of a second to do the following> right click, render the menu, move the mouse over the relevant option, wait till it highlights the option (this step takes ages for some reason??), then click the highlighted option.
    NO CHANCE.It must be because teatimer alerts and the blocking/referencing white/black lists takes up the same processes as using the menu in the system tray. The system tray menu becomes practically inoperable whilst the system is under a continual attack.
    I hope i have explained well enough, good luck with a fix, thanks for a good product.