Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SpywareBot

Quote Originally Posted by MisterW View Post
    I don't think that other legitimate tools are trying to sell their products by frighten people and claiming that there computer is totally infected...

If you think that SpywareBOT is not a rouge antispyware tool , you can ignore our detection. But there are enough reasons to save our users by detecting it
    I haven't seen any reasons on here so far. What are the reasons you have?

Here's a simple illustration:
    I had adware
    SpywareBot detected it
    I removed it and now as a result of that detection I don't have any adware

Here's another:
    Company != product

Detecting a product as spyware because the company sucks doesn't make sense. There are a lot of companies who do dodgy things but still make good products. Just look at all the lawsuits Microsoft loses every year, it doesn't stop me from using good products like VirtualPC and DirectX.

I have seen no evidence at all that SpywareBot, the product, acts in any harmful way whatsoever.
    If you have that evidence I would like to see it so that I can delete it from my computer (it's already uninstalled but I still have the installer)
    If there is no evidence of SpywareBot being harmful in any way it would of course mean the people who labelled it as malware are doing the exact same thing you accuse the makers of SpywareBot of doing, that being exaggerating the harmfulness of something.
    The intentions may be different, but the outcome is the same. I would've hoped a legitimate company such as PepiMK (or is it Safer Networking now?) wouldn't stoop to the level of the companies they are against.

Hello,

Do you think this link is fun?
    http://spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

And lot of cheated users is also very funny......

I will laugh later.....

We find it also very funny that SpyWareBot claims to be our software and uses our name for their advertisings to catch users and get lots of money....

i love also the dozen e-mails very much that i get everyday from cheated users that paid for SpyWareBot ( because they were misleaded by this illegal advertising ) and thought that they have downloaded our software - and want to get a refund from us because they state that our software is free.

Very funny....haha

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

One hoodwinked person using SpywareBot wondering why he had to pay $19.95 for Spybot-S&D to remove things that it found:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Do you think this link is fun?
    http://spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

And lot of cheated users is also very funny......

I will laugh later.....

We find it also very funny that SpyWareBot claims to be our software and uses our name for their advertisings to catch users and get lots of money....

i love also the dozen e-mails very much that i get everyday from cheated users that paid for SpyWareBot ( because they were misleaded by this illegal advertising ) and thought that they have downloaded our software - and want to get a refund from us because they state that our software is free.

Very funny....haha
    Why are you spybot people laughing? This is serious. First MisterW makes fun of it and now you, I don't understand it.

It's obvious you aren't going to address the point at hand, we are just going around in circles. I keep asking questions and you guys keep giving answers that don't relate to the questions, I get enough of that on my forum! Come on you guys, focus, please. I know you are probably busy people, as am I, but that is even more reason to really read eachother's posts and respond on topic.
    I've clearly stated I don't like the SpywareBot company, that is something we agree on, for the 5th time!
    I've clearly stated that the reason I am baffled is that the SpywareBot program itself does it's job, doesn't do any damage, it does the opposite.
    All I've seen is confirmation from you guys that 1) the company sucks, and 2) you have no evidence to contradict what I'm saying about the program.

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    I don't know if their program is clean, their methods are not.
    Exactly, thanks for being honest
    So the detection is a protest against the company as opposed to the program actually being malware.
    Doesn't that seem a little dishonest? I mean, telling your users a program is harmful when it isn't seems to me to be just as bad as what you are angry at SpywareBot for. Why stoop to their level?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

SubJunk:

Evidently you feel passionately that SpywareBot helped you identify and rid your system of some form of malware and are annoyed that SpywareBot is being be identified as malware by Spybot-S&D. I assume that the passion that you are defending SpywareBot with is because of a desire to help others overcome the adverse affects of the malware that you experienced.

With that in mind, I suggest that you consider trying to help your fellow users of Spybot-S&D by publishing what was found by SpywareBot in the New or undetected forum so that those detections could possibly be added to Spybot-S&D's detections and help more people.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    SubJunk:

Evidently you feel passionately that SpywareBot helped you identify and rid your system of some form of malware and are annoyed that SpywareBot is being be identified as malware by Spybot-S&D. I assume that the passion that you are defending SpywareBot with is because of a desire to help others overcome the adverse affects of the malware that you experienced.

With that in mind, I suggest that you consider trying to help your fellow users of Spybot-S&D by publishing what was found by SpywareBot in the New or undetected forum so that those detections could possibly be added to Spybot-S&D's detections and help more people.
    Great idea, thanks

There's one thing about their program that's absolutely not clean, and that's the name. And speaking about quality, why do you think do we get a hundred times as much requests for refund for SpywareBot as we do receive for Spybot-S&D?

Wait... what did I just say? Yes, that's right, we receive requests for refunds for that application. Simple because many people do mistake it to be our software - then we have to tell them they got cheated. And just those who mistook it are a huge multiple of those complaining about our real product. So if even the small number of refund requests that reach us instead of them is way larger than those about our software, that imho tells a lot about its quality.

So we've got a product name that's intentionally violating our trademark and more important, fooling people, both by pretending to be something else, and pretending to be free when they actually charge the credit card! Detecting it as a threat is not an "angry reaction", but an attempt to prevent at least a few people to be cheated into paying, or if they did, letting them know so they can get their money back. And again, the numbers seem to confirm that this is very very necessary.

Good for you that it did its job on your machine but on a lot of machines, its job seems to be to charge the users credit card without him knowing
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    There's one thing about their program that's absolutely not clean, and that's the name. And speaking about quality, why do you think do we get a hundred times as much requests for refund for SpywareBot as we do receive for Spybot-S&D?

Wait... what did I just say? Yes, that's right, we receive requests for refunds for that application. Simple because many people do mistake it to be our software - then we have to tell them they got cheated. And just those who mistook it are a huge multiple of those complaining about our real product. So if even the small number of refund requests that reach us instead of them is way larger than those about our software, that imho tells a lot about its quality.
    I agree, as I've said on this thread at least a million times now.

and pretending to be free when they actually charge the credit card! Detecting it as a threat is not an "angry reaction", but an attempt to prevent at least a few people to be cheated into paying, or if they did, letting them know so they can get their money back. And again, the numbers seem to confirm that this is very very necessary.
    That's interesting, I never thought it was free. I wonder why people think that. Doesn't it say when it's finished the scan that you need to register it to remove the things it detected?
    I didn't go through that part, I just manually removed the files it detected.

Good for you that it did its job on your machine but on a lot of machines, its job seems to be to charge the users credit card without him knowing
    Well that certainly is sick, I had no idea it charged them without them knowing. How does it find out their credit card information?