Thread: Registry Problems

Exclamation Registry Problems

I ran spybot to get rid of some crap that I downloaded. When I tried to fix the problems, first it said I wasn't an administrator(which I am), then said to restart my computer to get rid of the maleware. I looked at the maleware, and it says it in the register, but I looked and couldn't find where they were hidden. I think it's mostly the administrator problem, but im the only user and a double checked to make sure im an administration so I dont know. Please help! thanks
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-09-24 at 06:38. Reason: Moved from the malware forum :-)

Hello Rgeer9,

"On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1. Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
    2. Choose Run as administrator from the context menu."

Run as Administrator

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Thanks

Thanks, this fixed most of my problems, but I still have one I can't get rid of. Babylon. No idea how to get rid of it. It said that it'll run when I start the computer, and I do, but it doesn't fix it. Thanks for the extra help.

Hello Rgeer9,

Perhaps someone should take a look at the system, please start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS/aswMBR logs, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.

Edit
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...596#post431596
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-09-30 at 20:47. Reason: Added link
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016