Thread: Threat level

Default Threat level

How do I view THREAT LEVEL info? After my first scan, the info section listed THREAT LEVEL VERY..., I do not know if it is VERY HIGH, VERY LOW or VERY EHH. Most of the threats where a number 2, some a number 1, none higher. How do I open the side window so I can read all the info about the threat. Thank you.

Which version of Spybot do you have?
    Place your cursor on the side of the window until the cursor changes to a double sided arrow,then click the window with your mouse or mousepad and pull it over.

Default Threat level

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Which version of Spybot do you have?
    Place your cursor on the side of the window until the cursor changes to a double sided arrow,then click the window with your mouse or mousepad and pull it over.
    I have the newest version (2.4 I believe).
    I tried that, it will work on all columns except the first one.
    I tried re-sizing the page. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

My threat level sounds different.Granted,it's tracks,so maybe those are different?
    I'll show you a screenshot.

There is a details area on the lower left,where Estimated Danger,then very low(on mine) is shown.Would that be what isn't being totally shown to you?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2014-08-26 at 01:30.

Default Threat level

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    My threat level sounds different.Granted,it's tracks,so maybe those are different?
    I'll show you a screenshot.

There is a details area on the lower left,where Estimated Danger,then very low(on mine) is shown.Would that be what isn't being totally shown to you?
    It is the estimated danger. I have included a screenshot, the area circled in red is what I was asking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh,I see now.
    Looks like your window is maximized,correct?
    Try minimizing,then go to the bottom of the scan window and pull it down a little bit with your cursor,see if that works.

Exclamation threat level

I tried resizing several ways and no luck. I tried looking thru the help pages looking for info on what the different levels mean, no luck. Is there a chart to say that level 1 means what, level 2 means what and so on? Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Well,that's weird.Wonder why it's doing that.
    No,I couldn't find an official chart.

Threat Level 1 is marginal.
    Threat Level 2 is Very Low.
    Along with that to go by,if you click on something after the system scan and it says Tracks under details,then there's no need to worry about it,because it isn't malware:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    I don't know for certain,but I assume threat level 5 would be medium,and then after that 6 to 9 would be in the higher threat level category.
    10 would be the highest level.

Edit:found some posts.
    spybotsandra posted a brief description here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...l=1#post442331

And tashi posted here that threat level documentation may be improved at a later date:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...l=1#post456520
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2014-08-31 at 07:40.

Default Threat level

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1701 View Post
    I tried resizing several ways and no luck. I tried looking thru the help pages looking for info on what the different levels mean, no luck. Is there a chart to say that level 1 means what, level 2 means what and so on? Any help or direction would be appreciated.
    Thanks, that helps, at least I can tell if an individual target is a threat or not.

You're welcome.