Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spybot starts immunization/update automatically

even if the free edition dont have sheduled tasks, like sehduled Updates or Immunisation, it creates entry into the Windows Task-Planer
    You could have a look into the Windows Task-Planer, its integrated into Windows OS

But everything you do there, is on your own risk!
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2013-02-28 at 15:14.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

I don't really know what to do in the windows scheduler... I don't think I've ever needed to open it for anything. So I'm quite reluctant to do so now, especially if the fault lies in another program, like Spybot.

I dont think you can really talk about a fault, which is in Spybot.

I cannot tell you why the automated update causes such trouble for you, i did'nt even ever notice the auto-update and usually its also set to run silent, so it should not disturb at all.
    Maybe Zebonja or someone else from the official have a idea on this.

In generall the auto-update is a good feature and should not been disabled.

May i ask, which Projekt you worry about?
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2013-02-28 at 18:29.

שלום

I don't like anything auto-updating...I like to pick time and place for it.

I use a lot of graphic software, all in full screen because I don't like distractions of flashing tabs, antivirus scans, wifi signal bars and whatnot (when I work, I like to be focused)... For example, digital painting. I have Photoshop set to autosave, but anything under 5 minutes is too much, and in 5 minutes I can make many changes to what I'm working on, which then may be lost when Spybot decides to update or immunize.
    I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out.

Thanks for putting your logfile on pastebin for me,dess086.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork
    even if the free edition dont have sheduled tasks, like sehduled Updates or Immunisation, it creates entry into the Windows Task-Planer, which are:

- performing a scan, once a month
    - updating (i believe once a day, but not sure here)
    I didn't realize(or I'd forgotten) that the free edition created those entries in task scheduler,so thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dess086
    I don't really know what to do in the windows scheduler... I don't think I've ever needed to open it for anything. So I'm quite reluctant to do so now, especially if the fault lies in another program, like Spybot.
    If you open task scheduler and don't make any changes,there won't be any harm.Any chance you might do that for me?
    Click your Start button,in the search box type Task Scheduler,then doubleclick Task Scheduler,when it opens click the little arrow beside Task Scheduler library,if there is an entry there called Safer-Networking,click the arrow beside that,and use your mouse to click on Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    Do you see Check for Updates,Refresh Immunization and Scan the System there in the middle window,all with a Status of Ready?
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2013-03-01 at 05:43.

Quote Originally Posted by dess086
    I have just reinstalled it as well, thinking I missed something during installation of the new Spybot. During first installation, I must have chosen the option "I want to be protected without having to attend to anything myself", although it did say at that point that I can change that setting later...
    I also must have left everything ticked at Select Additional Tasks screen during installation... it confuses me. If free edition doesn't even have scheduling, why was I given these options (especially considering that if ticked scheduling works, I have no way of turning it off in free ed)?
    Also,did Spybot automatically update in the evening since you reinstalled?

Originally Posted by dess086
    I have just reinstalled it as well, thinking I missed something during installation of the new Spybot. During first installation, I must have chosen the option "I want to be protected without having to attend to anything myself", although it did say at that point that I can change that setting later...
    I also must have left everything ticked at Select Additional Tasks screen during installation... it confuses me. If free edition doesn't even have scheduling, why was I given these options (especially considering that if ticked scheduling works, I have no way of turning it off in free ed)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    If you did not select "Shedule Tasks" into the reinstallation (or unselect this option into the setup, as it is selected by default) the problem should be solved, because into the uninstall all sheduled Task get removed.

If not, open the Task-Planer. To do this you have 3 options:
    - Click your Start button,in the search box type: taskschd.msc and press enter
    - Click your Start button,in the search box type Task Scheduler,then doubleclick Task Scheduler
    - Click the right mouse button on a blank area of the taskbar and select "Start Task Manager".

once open, click the little arrow beside Task Scheduler library, if there is an entry there called Safer-Networking, click the arrow beside that,and use your mouse to click on Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    Now you should see 3 entrys: Updates,Refresh Immunization and Scan the System there in the middle window,all with a Status of Ready

Doubleclick one of the entys, a new window, called properties will open. Into this window select the register "Trigger".
    Now u see a window with an entry selected and 3 colums, called "trigger", "details" and "status".

Click the "edit"-button on below the window, another window will open.
    Into this new window unselect the last checkbox, called "actived".
    Click OK into this Window and the next Window.

Repeat this for the other both entrys about Spybot.
    Close Tas-Planer and restart your Computer.
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2013-03-01 at 12:39.

שלום

However, i am sure, the auto-update should not disturb you at all, because it is set to run in silent-mode, which means in background.

שלום

Actually,I would like confirmation only at this point whether Spybot is updating visibly in the evenings still,or not.And then I'd like to go from there.Thanks.

Apologies for late reply!
    Since I reinstalled and checked (or unchecked) the relevant boxes, it has not disturbed me. HOWEVER, I did run a manual update check every evening myself so I don't think the state of it now is 100% accurate. I will try leaving it alone for the next 2-3 days without manual check and see if it does it on its own again, and report here.
    (as for task scheduler, I didn't see any entries relevant to Spybot there, before or after reinstallation)

I'll be back in a couple of days with more update on the status.

Thank you!