Thread: Total commander plugin - registry viewer usage

Question Total commander plugin - registry viewer usage

Can anyone confirm that the registry viewer plugin (NTRegistry.wfx) only shows keys in HKLM and does not show value of a key. That is how it appears to be working on my machine or am I missing something?
    Skip R - Perth, WA

Hmmm....

On Vista, you need to run TC elevated as an admin, otherwise the direct NT calls won't work.

Otherwise, it shows keys and values for me. The (Default) value in each key even.

What it does not show is data; it shows nothing more than the datas size. I guess to dispay data as well, another "content plugin" to add a custom list column would be needed.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Hmmm....

On Vista, you need to run TC elevated as an admin, otherwise the direct NT calls won't work.

Otherwise, it shows keys and values for me. The (Default) value in each key even.

What it does not show is data; it shows nothing more than the datas size. I guess to dispay data as well, another "content plugin" to add a custom list column would be needed.
    Thanks for the info. I am seeing the same as what you see. It is disappointing that data content of key is not shown.

( I had tested this on Win XP and WIn 2K SP4 running under an administrator accounts for both machnes. )
    Skip R - Perth, WA