Thread: Possible Teatimer Issue - CPU goes to 100%

Default Possible Teatimer Issue - CPU goes to 100%

Hi,
    Toshiba Tecra M5 twin 2.3Ghz CPU, 1Gb Ram XP Pro SP3 Spybot 1.6

Occasionally one of the CPUs will go to 100% usually with explorer. If I kill the 100% task, another task will go to 100%. If I try to shut down the machine, each task in turn will go to 100% and have to be killed.

I recall reading something about teatimer and the last time this happened, I killed teatimer (which was not at 100%) and the problem went away. I am waiting for another occurrence to see if it is a common pattern.

In the interim, is anything known about this problem
    TFAI

Default Same Problem: TeaTimer at 90-100%

Just upgraded to 1.6 and TeaTimer is consuming 90-100% of CPU....

Have you run the updater on your newly installed Spybot?
    There have been several program fixes in the last few days that update the Spybot resident utilities - Teatimer and IE Resident.

Check the version number of your Teatimer - right click the icon and select About - it should show "System settings protector 1.6.3.25" - if it shows an earlier version then update Spybot and it should install the new version - it fixes several problems.

Default Teatimer OK now

Updated and now Teatimer is version 1.6.0.30, systems settings protector 1.6.3.25

No longer goes to and stays at 100%. All OK. Thanks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DougCuk View Post
    Check the version number of your Teatimer - right click the icon and select About - it should show "System settings protector 1.6.3.25" - if it shows an earlier version then update Spybot and it should install the new version - it fixes several problems.
    Doug,
    1.6.3.25 may also have introduced a new one, though of perhaps minor consequence - see http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=34863