Thread: [Windows 10] Manually activate antivirus protection

Default [Windows 10] Manually activate antivirus protection

Hi all,

I need your help.

I have installed on Windows 10 operating system the SpyBot antivirus Professional Edition 2.5.42.0, but for each start of windows 10 I have to manually activate antivirus protection.

Must it work like this?

How to do resolver this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sincerely
    Vincenzo

Live Protection is turned off until you turn it on manually after restarting your computer? No, it usually doesn't work like that, it usually would start automatically. How are you starting it when you log in to your computer, do you start it by placing a checkmark beside it down in the tray icon? When you initially open Start Center does it show Live Protection off in the upper right corner of the Spybot Start Center window?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Live Protection is turned off until you turn it on manually after restarting your computer? No, it usually doesn't work like that, it usually would start automatically. How are you starting it when you log in to your computer, do you start it by placing a checkmark beside it down in the tray icon? When you initially open Start Center does it show Live Protection off in the upper right corner of the Spybot Start Center window?
    Hi thank you for reply,

In the lower right corner of the Spybot Start Center window, I have this message :

1) updating software
    2) last scan ...
    3) active protection no
    4) AS + AV active
    5) Internet protected

You're welcome.

If I'm guessing correctly you normally speak another language (though your English is very good.) Could you tell me your language in case they have that language in the Spybot knowledgebase, if I need to link you to it in the future?

The things you've listed look to be the mouse-over menu of the Spybot tray icon. If so, it indeed looks like your Live Protection is off. You might want to turn that on manually as you have been doing so far when you login to windows, just to be on the safe side.

Hi thank you for help,

My language is Italian or Spanish.

Today new problem, the Spybot can't updated, please see attachment.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sincerely
    Vincenzo
    Attached Images Attached Images

You're welcome.

Were you able to get Live Protection to start automatically when you login since your last post?

The translate I see on your screenshot is this. Is it correct?
    Last update

The signatures are not updated for 42 days

Checking the completed condition

new updates available
    And from your screenshot it looks like perhaps the progress bar is not moving for antivirus updates. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, the translated pages don't appear to be available on the Spybot FAQ yet, since the website was redone since your last post. So I'll run the website through google translate and post the instructions in italian for you. It's a set of instructions to try when the update fails:
    https://translate.google.ca/translat...-text=&act=url

Spybot - Search & Destroy Update Failed

Gli aggiornamenti di Spybot contengono tutti i file di definizione e le firme di rilevamento utilizzate dalla Scansione sistema per cercare e rilevare malware e virus.

È necessario aggiornare Spybot prima di eseguire una scansione del sistema per assicurarsi che tutti gli ultimi aggiornamenti delle definizioni siano installati in modo da proteggere il PC dalle minacce più recenti.

Prima di aggiornare Spybot, è necessario disabilitare tutti gli altri programmi di sicurezza che eseguono una protezione in tempo reale che potrebbe interferire con l'aggiornamento di Spybot, causando il fallimento.

Per aggiornare Spybot:

- Apri Spybot facendo clic con il tasto destro sull'icona di Spybot e fai clic su "Esegui come amministratore".
    - Fai clic su "Modalità utente avanzata"
    - Clicca su "Aggiorna".
    - Nella finestra Aggiorna fai clic sul pulsante "Aggiorna" per iniziare a scaricare i file di definizione più recenti.

Se un file non riesce a scaricare durante gli aggiornamenti, chiudi il programma di aggiornamento e riaprilo.

Una volta completato il controllo dello stato, il pulsante di aggiornamento si riattiva.

Quando si seleziona nuovamente il pulsante di aggiornamento, l'aggiornamento dovrebbe riprendere e completare correttamente.

Per maggiori informazioni , guarda il nostro video tutorial su Aggiornamento Spybot:

Edizione con licenza:
    Aggiornamento di Spybot + AV

Edizione gratuita:
    Aggiornamento di Spybot usando la versione gratuita

Se non si è ancora in grado di aggiornare Spybot , si prega di prendere uno screenshot della finestra di aggiornamento e qualsiasi altro messaggio di errore che si riceve e quindi inviarlo al Team Spybot utilizzando il link sottostante alla pagina Richiesta supporto:

https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...cket/technical
    Please let me know if that helps.