Thread: Internet Protection is OFF

Red face Internet Protection is OFF

Hi All,
    Been using Spy Bot for several years now. Just the regular version.
    Every so often, like now, in the upper right of the home page, it says "Internet Protection is OFF"
    That white circle with the red X.
    Been off for several days now.
    Anyone know how to turn it back on?
    This is windows 10.
    Thanks!! Ken

That might be happening if one of the Spybot services is turned off. To check if that is it, you can right click Spybot Start Center, and select Run As Administrator. Click Show Details in the lower right corner, then place a checkmark in Advanced User Mode. Scroll down a little and click Settings, then select the System Services tab. Look at the Scanner Service. If it says Start click that to turn it on. If it starts successfully, it will then change to showing Stop. Also, ensure there is a checkmark beside Active After Every Reboot, then click Apply and OK. If that all goes according to plan, then see if Spybot Start Center now says Internet Protection: Full. Please let me know how it goes.

Default Protection off

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    That might be happening if one of the Spybot services is turned off. To check if that is it, you can right click Spybot Start Center, and select Run As Administrator. Click Show Details in the lower right corner, then place a checkmark in Advanced User Mode. Scroll down a little and click Settings, then select the System Services tab. Look at the Scanner Service. If it says Start click that to turn it on. If it starts successfully, it will then change to showing Stop. Also, ensure there is a checkmark beside Active After Every Reboot, then click Apply and OK. If that all goes according to plan, then see if Spybot Start Center now says Internet Protection: Full. Please let me know how it goes.
    Thanks for the tips...Strange but when I started up the laptop a few days ago, the "Internet Protection" box was "On"!!!
    I had fiddled with some settings before I saw your reply. Maybe I did something?? Purely by accident.
    Anyway....Scanner Services and Update Services both show, "Active After Every Reboot" and "Stop" is grayed out, as well as that Security one at the top.
    Thanks for the reply!!! Ken

I'm glad internet protection is back on.
    Thanks for the reply!!! Ken
    You're welcome.

Default I have this issue also...

Hello Zenobia,

I have this issue also. I have followed your instructions, and the Scanner Service is on. The switch box is greyed out, yet I believe the service is on due to the display is Stop. I cannot check the "activate after every reboot" as it is also greyed out. Updating service is the same. Security Center Service has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it, the switch box has Start in it and is greyed out. I have attempted clicking, right clicking, nothing is happening.

Any suggestions?
    Very frustrated as pc is very slow to respond as if there is a virus or something.
    HELP please
    Bill

Hi, riverrunner06. I read your post, and after thinking on it for a little bit, I think the best course of action would be for you to post in malware removal first.
    Please read "Before You Post" and follow the instructions there:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...tance)-Updated
    Then post in Malware Removal to get help:
    https://forums.spybot.info/forumdisp...alware-Removal

Then, once you've had help there, you can return here and post again and we can look into what's going on with the Spybot Services. Thanks.

Thumbs up

Yes, March 19, 2024. We were having this issue and basically followed these advance service steps. Only thing I would add is be sure to "Apply" the changes and close the start center and then reopen it you should then be good to go!