Thread: New problem with Opachki.ru

Default New problem with Opachki.ru

Hi everybody,

I have a problem and I need some help from an expert!
    I checked my laptop – Window 8 Pro – wit an old portable version of Spybot I have on a usb device and Spybot found the following problem:

Opachki.ru
    Registry value
    (SBI $9E90BA5A) Autorun settings
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\

When I tried to fix it, SpyBot reported it cannot remove it since I am no administrator (although I am). So I immediately checked your website’s blog for an help and I found that there is an entry perfectly fitting, posted by Blueprint1001, October2009.
    I tried to follow the hint Tashi gave to Blueprint but the portable Spybot’s menu has no “ Run as administrator” option.
    So I downloaded the current Spybot version on my laptop and I ran it as an administrator. But the new version didn’t detect Opachki.ru as a malware, although it found it! I re-ran the old Spybot version and the malware was always there.
    I am really puzzled. Is there anyone so kind enough to help me?
    Thank you!

Default Problem with Opachki fixed

Hi everybody,

I seem to have just fixed the problem with Opachki.ru.
    I re-added the Spybot version I have on usb device to the Start panel (maybe I wasn’t be able to do so before, or something went wrong) and this time I could run Spybot as an administrator. Spybot S&D detected and fixed the problem. After the reboot I re-ran Spybot and it found no menace. I searched the file on my computer and I found 9 files called opachki.ru in C:\ProgramData\Spybot – Search & Destroy. Great Spybot!

However, I do not understand why the actual Spybot version I have installed on my computer – and that works properly – did not report these files as malware. There may be an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ema777 View Post

Hi everybody,

I have a problem and I need some help from an expert!
    I checked my laptop – Window 8 Pro – wit an old portable version of Spybot I have on a usb device and Spybot found the following problem:

Opachki.ru
    Registry value
    (SBI $9E90BA5A) Autorun settings
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\

When I tried to fix it, SpyBot reported it cannot remove it since I am no administrator (although I am). So I immediately checked your website’s blog for an help and I found that there is an entry perfectly fitting, posted by Blueprint1001, October2009.
    I tried to follow the hint Tashi gave to Blueprint but the portable Spybot’s menu has no “ Run as administrator” option.
    So I downloaded the current Spybot version on my laptop and I ran it as an administrator. But the new version didn’t detect Opachki.ru as a malware, although it found it! I re-ran the old Spybot version and the malware was always there.
    I am really puzzled. Is there anyone so kind enough to help me?
    Thank you!

Hello,

Were the latest updates installed?
    Als which version were you running?
    Have you already upgraded to Spybot 2.1?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hello Sandra,‎
    I downloaded Spybot 2.1 on my computer, while usb device - which I ran - is Spybot 2. Both versions ‎have been updated yesterday.‎
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Were the latest updates installed?
    Als which version were you running?
    Have you already upgraded to Spybot 2.1?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by Ema777 View Post
    Hello Sandra,‎
    I downloaded Spybot 2.1 on my computer, while usb device - which I ran - is Spybot 2. Both versions ‎have been updated yesterday.‎
    Cheers.
    Thank you for your feedback.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום