Thread: Spybot updated. Don't finish scan. Don't open setting. W7

Default Spybot updated. Don't finish scan. Don't open setting. W7

Dear friends.

I have installed Spybot S&D and update it. I remove al temporaly files and run complete scan. It no finish, i can to see 100% but don't finish scan.

I try to test setting and i can see the process "..setting*32.." in task manager but don't see the window.

I try uninstall and re-install the software but no resolve the problem.

Without update the application have the same problem.

My system is Windows 7 64bits.

I probe disabling antivirus software and firewall NOD32 IS. No resolve the problem.

Sorry for incorrect english message.

Mokadik.

Your English is pretty good, actually.

You could try booting into safe mode and running the Spybot scan to see if it will complete. There are instructions listed here under Run In Safe Mode:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ll=1#post23629

I'm unsure why the Settings window does not show. For now,try rightclicking Spybot-S&D Start Center ,select Run As Administrator, then click Settings, and see if the window will show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Your English is pretty good, actually.

You could try booting into safe mode and running the Spybot scan to see if it will complete. There are instructions listed here under Run In Safe Mode:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ll=1#post23629

I'm unsure why the Settings window does not show. For now,try rightclicking Spybot-S&D Start Center ,select Run As Administrator, then click Settings, and see if the window will show.

Hey. Thanks for you answer.

In safe mode? ok. I will probe it.

Running as administrator don't result. I have the same problem the windows don't show. I probe run in compabillity mode Windows XP too. without result.

Thanks.

When have results publish info.

thanks one more time.

Okay, good.
    While you're in safe mode, try the scan, and you might as well try opening Spybot's Settings, too, just to see if it will open.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Okay, good.
    While you're in safe mode, try the scan, and you might as well try opening Spybot's Settings, too, just to see if it will open.
    All right in safe mode. Complete scan finished and i can open settings.

Why don't work in Normal mode. I use Nod32 IS but it is disabled while Spybot is running.

Thanks for your help.

When you boot into safe mode, most programs that start with windows in normal mode do not run. Since the Spybot scan runs and the Settings window opens in Window's safe mode, it might mean that some other program or programs running at startup might be interfering with the scan.
    Try shutting down any programs that are not needed to run before your next Spybot scan, and see if the Spybot scan will run in normal mode, and you can also try that before trying to open Spybot's Settings as well.