Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Good idea
    Added to project tools: Display file dates (possibly more) in log
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    One more suggestion: Organize scan results somehow like this:
    The whole point of the temporory files thing is that the scan is faster if that folder is clean. Showing them as part of the scan results does not really do any good I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by 129260
    dont you think this needs to be updated PepiMK?
    The new download link thing will hopefully avoid outdated links in the future, we just have to remember to link there only after new uploads

If that is not OK, then ask for temporary files when you click on Scan button (This is already suggested). And if user answers yes, then scan for temp. files and show results like in an attachment.

Can SDHelper block scripts and some images in IE like Adblock and NoScript in Firefox?

Can you add an option that user can manually add entries as ignored (Spybot-S&D), allowed or denied (TeaTimer & SDHelper)?

And can SDHelper redirect a bad web-site to a page which shows that Spybot has blocked a site which has been visited?

Hello
    I have some suggestions
    1) In a further release I think it would be good to entegrate the RootAlyzer into spybot. Of course I think rootalyzer needs some improvments For ex: It can't delete some files. And it gives lots of false pozitives. For ex: The crawler toolbar of spyware terminator and all of its files are detected as rootkits.

2) I would really like to see the old eraser module back.

3) I know that some people don't like the Gui but i think it is very good. I wouldn't like it to be changed. But even if you will change it I think it would be nice to keep the old gui and give the users a choice to select the gui to use. I don't know if this possible.Even if it is possible I am sure it would be a hard thing to do.
    DOCTUS.ORG Turkish security forum

1. Those aren't false positives in RootAlyzer: RootAyzer shows only suspicious, not identified items
    A few are documented, others are on the whitelist, if you know more that shouldn't be shown, please post details in the RootAlyzer forum, and we'll update it

2. The "Secure Shredder"? It's still there, just as a separate module. Run SDShred.exe, though the link inside the app hould open it as well.

3. Modularization, see my blog, makes separation necessary.
    Don't be afraid of a too-fancy custom GUI though; the 2.0 screenshots on the bugtracker are not up-to-date, but the keep-it-simple of them will be kept.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    2. The "Secure Shredder"? It's still there, just as a separate module. Run SDShred.exe, though the link inside the app hould open it as well.
    No the eraser The one like the unlocker to erase the files that are in use and cannot be deleted We have discussed it before with you See here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...1&postcount=21
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...9&postcount=27

And by the way I will write the safe items to the rootalyzer forum also
    DOCTUS.ORG Turkish security forum

Ah. that one, sorry

It's clearly planed to return, with the new concepts supporting it better. SDECon32.dll, the experimental new context menu plugin (in the form of a dll handler to avoid the opening on unknown files) already has the code to list it in the Spybot-S&D file context submenu if the corresponding file exists

Please change the way the updater checks for installed updates. Right now it only uses the downloaded.ini, but if it gets corrupted (happened to me) or accidentally deleted, or if you manually install some updates, it will tell you you need to download/install updates you already have to begin with and sometimes it even wants to install files that are older than the installed (TeaTimer). Best solution would be to check the version info of .exe and .dll files and add version info to include files.

Manually installed updates (at least through spybotsd_includes.exe) should update downloaded.ini, but you are right of course; this will probably be covered by this feature request.

Default Immunize

Would be nice to see Safari and Google Chrome add to the list for Immunize.