Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestion

Two words: Compressed updates
    1.3mb per update is getting a little harsh for 56k and similar and spending an hour at a client to fix a machine isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDedd
    Two words: Compressed updates
    1.3mb per update is getting a little harsh for 56k and similar and spending an hour at a client to fix a machine isn't fun.
    you gotta be kidding me!

forget it, BrainDedd! The spybot updates arent going to get any smaller each time a new update is released. get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osc--
    2 requests:

1. apply updates w/o having to close/reopen spybot
    2. create an email list that sends notification when defs are updated.

if either of these are already implemented, please excuse me for not being able to find this infomation. a pointer would be wonderful.
    I dont think ANY of these features will be implemented. making an email list or email notification is not necessary (as I read somewhere in another thread) and the email client's high spam settings may block the notifications from reaching the email address.

You may want to configure spybot to download updates automatically by checking the option "Download updated include files if available online" from the Settings, Automation, WebUpdate section. that option works similarly to XP's automatic updates feature.

all right. I've found the quote where bitman said about the email notfication feature:

Quote Originally Posted by bitman
    Updates have been released regularly on Friday (late afternoon in Germany) for months now. See the Announcements Forum for a history.

With this regular schedule, an email notification is un-necessary and a waste of resources (Money).
    Last edited by noel-pr7; 2006-05-05 at 20:00.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    I hope the next version of Spybot would include Immunization support for Opera 9 web browsers. I just downloaded the final release of Opera 9 browser today and Spybot does NOT offer Immunization for it, even when I checked the "individual profiles" setup option during install of Opera 9. Spybot 1.4 will offer Immunization for Opera 8.5 and earlier but NOT Opera 9.
    Opera 9.0 browser installs in a different folder than in previous versions of Opera.

this is a note of a user:

Suggestion-Allow user to designate or exclude folders for search:
    The reason this would be helpful is that I have backups on my drive, in a zip format, that do not need to be scanned because they are achival files. Unfortunately, because they can't be excluded it takes forever to run a search and destroy. Other than that it's a great program. Thanks

another note of a user:

Clarity (Font):

When displaying filenames, could you please use a Font that distinguishes between upper-cased "I" and lower-cased "L"? "Tahoma", maybe?

At the moment, the only way to tell them apart is to copy the text to clipboard and paste it into a text program.

I was going through the [Tools > System Startup] list and couldn't understand why SpyBot wasn't detecting the "WINotify" spyware ("AbetterInternet Spyware"). It turned out to be "WLNotify", with a lower-cased "L", not "I".
    I almost deleted it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    you gotta be kidding me!

forget it, BrainDedd! The spybot updates arent going to get any smaller each time a new update is released. get used to it.
    Better yet, BrainDedd, dump your 56k connection and get broadband internet access by either your local cable company or DSL provider so you wont have to worry about your slow, unreliable 56k internet connections.

Default Suggestion

Maybe can in `Ignore Products` be some information like Example in cookie list HitBox:+ Hitbox (expanded - HitBox Cookie
    Other suggestion:For skinner 1.1:Create or edit icons and pictures right to the toolbar,support for skinner 1.0 and 1.1.
    Fix in TeaTimer.
    And SpyBot-Search & Destroy screensaver (for this need time).
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-08-07 at 21:12. Reason: removed email address

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7 View Post
    get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7 View Post
    Better yet, BrainDedd, dump your 56k connection and get broadband internet access by either your local cable company or DSL provider so you wont have to worry about your slow, unreliable 56k internet connections.
    Please let's keep it civil.

Also, not everyone has access to cable/DSL.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Lightbulb Feature Request

First of all, I just wanted to say thanks to the creators of the great software that Spybot S&D is. Congratulations for doing such a good job !!!
    I before you.

Secondly I would like to request a little thing that I think would be useful:
    In [Tools>>System Startup] it would be nice if you could see the dates the entries were created in your computer:
    I suffered a recent spyware infection and it would have been esasier to cleanup my startup if I has been able to see when were the entries created... I wouldn't have had to check every entry, but only the more recent ones, and could have ignored the old ones untroubled.

I don't know if this is possible at all... but think about it, OK?
    Keep up the good work !!

Regards,
    LeAd DiAg