Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Recurring pop-up BitFefender Threat Scanner errors

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I'm glad the bit defender workaround worked.

Sueska has a post here about the Spybot Hosts File entries and Avast, as well as a post from BobxT that might be helpful:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post478688
    There's no workaround posted there for re-immunizing and having it "stick" other than uninstalling Avast. By linking to that I'm not suggesting that you uninstall Avast or anything like that, I'm just linking to it so that you can get an idea about what is going on with the four unimmunized entries and why it is happening. The four sites that are allegedly removed from the host file entries by Avast are listed there by BobxT. Note that Sueska says in their last post that Web of Trust has negative reviews of the sites and that they checked Whois and cannot validate that these websites are associated with Avast:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post478734
    (As an aside, I thought that was a really great and well worded post.)

Sorry there's no workaround for that one that I know of, but at least you have some idea of what might be going on.
    seems like the devs at spybot need to get into contact with the people at avast to find out whats what and find a solution. if those urls are indeed malicious and avast is blocking the changes then the people at avast need made aware of it, if the URLs are indeed avast URLs then something needs done on spybots side to keep it from immunizing against them. those two are the only logical outcomes i can see.

It's possible they might have contacted Avast already if Avast is removing the hosts file entries, though I don't know if that happened or not. Traveler11 also had four unimmunized hosts file entries, and they found it was due to Zone Alarm, so perhaps the reasons for the 4 unimmunized hosts file entries varies. I don't know for sure if Team Spybot saw Sueska's post or not, or if it is a plausible scenario. But you could tell them about it if you would like to be sure they know, and thank you for doing so if you do.

I'm not exactly sure which form to use in this case, it seems sort of a grey area.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/
    I think perhaps feedback would be best.

Angry bitdefender error

one year later and the issue is still not handled by spybot? SB knows it's an issue and for an amateur like myself it's frustrating. would I recommend SB -NO! I'll pay for a service. (btw, posting a work around is NOT fixing the issue!)

Default Still no fix or update for Reocurring pop-up BitDefender Threat Scanner issue

Quote Originally Posted by ukie1946 View Post
    one year later and the issue is still not handled by spybot? SB knows it's an issue and for an amateur like myself it's frustrating. would I recommend SB -NO! I'll pay for a service. (btw, posting a work around is NOT fixing the issue!)
    I'm very disappointed in Spybot not addressing this issue considering it is 1 year on. I have just discovered 2.7 beta so maybe this has addressed this? I shall see.
    Safer networking should be fixing these issues far quicker if they are to stay on top of people wanting to use their software.

Hello,

Have you seen the post in Announcements: "Here comes 2.7"

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016