Thread: Spyware/adware undetected by SpyBot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Forgot to answer part of tashi's questions

(Forgot to answer one of tashi's questions)

Yes, I do have "Resident SDHelper" enabled, and have for at least two weeks now (not positive it was before my last post), set to block pages silently. Just to see it work, I set it to "popup" or whatever, and was often interrupted by "do you want to block" messages. Satisfied it was working, I set it back to "silently."

I did not have "Resident TeaTimer" enabled; I'd never gone into Advanced mode before. Just now, I went into Advanced and enabled TeaTimer, and will hope that helps.

Again, tashi, thanks for your help! I appreciate in advance any additional help anyone can give me! I'm not even sure if "advertising.com" was even the source of all my problems; my internet protection software classifies most of the visited websites as "R-rated" in some form or other...Once again, head scratcher!

Thanks,

dlw

Hi there,

I saw your post in our malware removal forum's waiting room.

Quote Originally Posted by dwilcox View Post

Yes, I do have "Resident SDHelper" enabled, and have for at least two weeks now (not positive it was before my last post), set to block pages silently. Just to see it work, I set it to "popup" or whatever, and was often interrupted by "do you want to block" messages. Satisfied it was working, I set it back to "silently."
    Quote Originally Posted by dwilcox View Post
    I did not have "Resident TeaTimer" enabled; I'd never gone into Advanced mode before. Just now, I went into Advanced and enabled TeaTimer, and will hope that helps.
    It appeared that you had answered your own question.

Are you still experiencing problems?

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016