Thread: re-install but will not open

Default re-install but will not open

I uninstalled SpyBot as part of fixing my virus scan software. Used SpyBot uninsatll in Start, Programs. Later I installed SpyBot from the download site and it would not open from the icon on the screen, or from the Start, Programs. I could Update it. So I did unintall and intall again. Same result. Then I went to SpyBot site and oufnd that after uninstalling I should remove settings and used that link to do so. Again installed with the same result that after instal the program would not open. Previously SpyBot worked great. I use AVG free. Windows ME operating with plenty of memory. In the meantime I am deleting the Temp files daily. Please help. Thanks,

Hello,

We already have located the startup problems in Spybot S&D version 1.5 and fixed it:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=85
    Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot beta:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...15he-beta1.exe

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Smile re-install but will not open

Thanks very much. It worked. When it did not work I had downloaded from SpyBot servers as well as the Mirror servers. so maybe SpyBot has not sent the verison you linked me to to those servers and lots of people who do not know about these Forums (or gave up trying to navigate in the Forums) did not find a fix for the problem and went to Ad-Aware or some place else.

But, thanks for the help. You knew exactly what to do and it was easy. and it is running OK as is TeaTimer. Nothing found as i deleted Temp file in windows every day when i was without SpyBot.