Hi, I've been using spybot for years.. but recently formatted my primary drive, and reinstalled windows, i downloaded the newest spybot, which i noted is now 1.5 an thought that would be good...... wrong!

Firstly, it takes around 30 seconds to even load at all, with cpu usage at 100% just loading the program, even though its settings are by default at "normal" cpu usage..

Secondly, when it finally does load, if I click "update", it will instantly crash to desktop, every single time.

Thirdly, spybot halts every single time at scan item 24288 every single time i've tried to run the scan. The cpu usage is 100%, and i even tried leaving it for 10mins or so, it didn't move, and by that time, even the task manager was having a hard time getting a cpu cycle in to allow me to terminate spybots process.

I then thought more about updates for it, that maybe something was wrong and if i just got updates into it, which i couldn't before, that it might fix its issues.. so i found if you use the link in the start menu to update, rather than from within spybot, it works.. and will download the updates..

The problem is, that since doing that, spybot seemed to take even longer to load!! .. and all the above mentioned problems remained...

So, i tried uninstalling / reinstalling, tried the reg fix to make sure its completely removed from the system first.. tried restarting every step of the way etc.. but the problems remain exactly the same every time.

I did find in testing this, that if i went to windows safe mode, it would sucessfully load and complete a complete scan, which says to me that spybot is reacting badly with one of the normal processes within windows. I had suspected that it might be my antivirus, but i disabled that and still the same problmes..

I really am at a loss as to what to do??? can anyone help???