Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immunization not working...

New update, same old crap.

Chased the failed immunizations around the various sections for a while until I stumbled accross a method for quickly geting them all into IE (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains).

1. Start SS&D immunization and "Undo" (remove all SS&D immunizations).
    2. Start SpywareBlaster and "Disable all protection".
    3. Return to SS&D and Immunize. 2217 immunization failures in IE (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains).
    4. Return to SpywareBlaster and "Enable all protection".
    5. Close SpywareBlaster.
    6. In SS&D, "Check Again". Still have 2217 immunization failures in IE (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains).

2277 now

2337 now

Default IE 32 bit not immunizing properly

spybot S&D 1.6.2.46
    The IE 8 - 32 bit software (domains) leaves 5891 showing as unprotected.
    I tried "safe-mode" - did not have the desired effect.
    I have uninstalled, and reinstalled.

I have also "undo-immunize" and "redo-immunize all entries, as well as only the 5891 domain issue.

Vista-Administrator is not an issue - tried that - no effect.

HP A6838f Pentium Dual CPU E2220 2.40 GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit OS
    Windows Vista SP 2
    Kaspersky Internet Security 8.00.454

Not running into any problems on a separate laptop running Windows 7, 64 bit OS, with Norton.

I have several users on the PC. I am the admin account, and that is where the problem appears.

Only \SOFTWARE (Domains) is affected.

I do not remember when this problem first started.

What happens when I de-immunize is that thousands are left "protected". And when I reapply immunization, thousands are still left "unprotected".

Perhaps it is just a registry glitch. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by tfrimet; 2010-04-06 at 22:41.

I now have 3465 immunization failures in IE (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains).

Hello,

Please open regedit with admin rights (Start>type 'regedit' in search bar>right-click and select 'Run as administrator')

open:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    or on a x86/32bit system:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    and delete the folder 'Domains'.

If this refuses to delete, right-click and select 'Permissions...', select your username from the list (or find it by clicking Add...>Advanced...>Find Now and then select your username and click OK). Then tick the Allow boxes, click OK and delete.

You can now open Spybot and select Immunize, and once it has scanned, select Immunize at the top.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Sorry for the delay, had pretty much given up on getting a response to this problem.

Tried your suggested solution, but that only clears the 32 bit IE Immunization data.
    So I deleted the appropriate registry key for the 64 bit IE domains folder, which (after Immunization) resulted in 4 Unprotected in Internet Explorer (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Domains) & 5045 Unprotected in Internet Explorer (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains).

Resorted to the prior method of > "Undo" SS&D Immunization > Disable all SpywareBlaster protection > Immunize with SS&D, get 5049 Unprotected in Internet Explorer (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains) > Enable all SpywareBlaster protection.

I had started my own thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=57079) on this issue, but I would like to contribute here also.

I have the same problem; Windows XP Professional 64-bit, 5000+ 'Unprotected' entries under Internet Explorer (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains).

I tried the registry fix suggested above, to no avail.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spybot, and I noticed that until I did the April 26 update, all was well.

Also, my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installation works perfectly, even with the same update.

I have been using Spybot S&D since the 0.9 BETA, and this the first issue of this kind I have experienced.

Hopefully, the next update will resolve it, or even better, version 2.0 will be released soon!

Thank you for reading.

I wanted to post an update: I managed to get all immunizations to work.

All I did was reformat and reinstall Windows, install Spybot, update and immunize before I went to Windows Update to install IE 8.

Sort of drastic, but it worked!

We shall see what happens Wednesday when the new updates are released.

7377 now

1301 Unprotected in Internet Explorer (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Domains).
    6076 Unprotected in Internet Explorer (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains).

Oh wait, a patch is available.

Make that 7473

1389 Unprotected in Internet Explorer (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Domains).
    6084 Unprotected in Internet Explorer (64 bit) \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains).
    Last edited by a4nic8er; 2010-06-10 at 07:17. Reason: patched