ComboFix does NOT target 3 viruses and anything can infect a Windows 7 machine. If safety precautions are not taken, Windows 7 is no more immune to malware than any other operating system.I checked combofix, there is no reason it should be running on my computer, its targets are 3 viruses that I have not reported and mostly CANNOT infect a win7 machine.
That is highly unlikely. I don't know where you got your information from but it is very misguided. When you are using ComboFix with guidance from someone who knows how it works, it will do no harm.(combofix) almost ruined my computer.
If you no longer require help, that is your choice. As long as your computer seems to be running well, please follow these simple steps to tidy up you computer and decrease the likelihood of getting infected again:
Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix
- click START then RUN
- now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK.
Note the space between the X and the /, it needs to be there.
- please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
- once it's finished uninstalling itself you will receive a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully.
- double-click OTL.exe
- click the CleanUp! button.
- select Yes when the Begin cleanup Process? prompt appears.
- if you are prompted to reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
- the tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.
NOTE: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTL attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.
- double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool
- click on Uninstall
- confirm with Yes.
You can delete all other logs and programs we’ve used that are on your desktop. Just click on them and press Delete.
Update installed programs
Your version Adobe Reader is out-of-date and need to be removed and updated.
To remove it:
- click on Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features
- click on Adobe Reader and then on Remove
- also uninstall Java 1.7.0_11 and any othere version except version 21, which is the latest.
Visit Adobe and download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
Having the latest updates ensures there are no security vulnerabilities in your system.
SpywareBlaster. SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX, it immunizes your PC against them. It blocks over 11,000 bad sites and uses no resources of your computer.
Spybot - Search and Destroy’ – Re-enable TeaTimer and remember to scan your computer with the program on a regular basis as you would with your anti-virus software.
Update and run Malwarebytes. This really is an excellent program that you should also update and run on a regular basis, probably weekly.
It’s important to keep programs up to date so that malware doesn't exploit any old security flaws.
FileHippo Update Checker is an extremely helpful program that will tell you which of your programs need to be updated.
MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.
I also recommend that you read the following:
How to prevent malware by miekiemoes
I will keep this open for 24 hours in case you have any problems, after which I’ll close the topic.