Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immunization Issues With Firefox 33.1 & XP Pro

No need to apologize for not replying sooner,that's ok.We all get busy or feel poorly sometimes.

SDFSSvc.exe is a service,set to Automatic by default.It can be set the way you'd like it to be in either Services.msc,or by opening Spybot start center,checking Advanced User Mode,then opening Settings,then selecting the System Services tab.It's listed as scanner service.

So,for being able to immunize your firefox for your personal account in safe mode,that may possibly indicate that another program might be interfering with immunization,because when you run in safe mode most programs that run in normal mode don't start.That's a little iffy,because I can't imagine why a program and immunization wouldn't play nice in just Firefox,and nothing else,but we need to start somewhere,might as well be there.

As for your admin account immunization,that might be due to some other problem with immunization and Firefox on that account,since that won't immunize,whether using safe mode or not.So this is a bit of a tricky one I think,unfortunately.

A good place to start might be with the personal account immunization problems.Could you let me know any other security type programs you use,such as antivirus,anti-malware,and any other programs along that line?Oh,and also which firewall you use,if you don't mind,it's not common,but sometimes that's a factor too,believe it or not.

Also,what do you have for add-ons in Firefox besides ad-block and easylist?Any different add-ons on the firefox in your admin account and the one in your personal account,or any difference in the way the add-ons might be configured between accounts?