Thread: Can't install Search and Destroy

Default Can't install Search and Destroy

When I try to install, it begins loading, but then gives a registry can't be changed or accessed, or something like that. It gives three choices then, like retry, ignor and cancel. Something along those lines. I wish I could be more specific, but this is on a friends computer, and I won't be able to get back there till next Friday. I'm trying to do this from memory. Not good. Anyone here of anything like this? I've had a Spyfalcon problem and many trogans on this machine. It's like something is rewriting the registry to prevent Spybot from loading. I had an initial problem where Spybot S&D wouldn't allow me to checkmark the resident browser helper for use. I ended up uninstalling the whole program, and this is where I am now. Now I have no part of S&D loaded! I've run scans and removed everything bad the other programs I have can find. I have been in safe mode in doing so too. I tried re-installing S&D from there as well.

Anyone have any idea with this incomplete info?
    Thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

See if these threads help:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.