PDA

View Full Version : Help with BlackCore

LiamK
2007-06-25, 03:18
I posted a thread in another forum about this peice of Malware, but it came back pretty harmless in the long run. Either way, it was suggested that I put a thread here just in case, and so I am.

I first encountered this Backdoor Trojan a few days ago. SpyBot says it is both a backdoor and a tracking cookie, so I do no tknow the level of threat this piece of Malware poses. I removed it promptly, then made sure I only visited well-known sites, avoiding the shady ones that you would expect a Trojan from.

However, a few days later I ran another spyBot scan and it showed back up. So I removed it and then ran another scan. Not only did it show back up, but everything else I though i just removed showed back up as well.

Sometimes this happens and then sometimes it does not. Sometimes Black Core is an issue and sometimes it is not.

Anyway, I was wanting to know some information on Black Core. I want to know if I should be majorly worried about it or if I should just treat it like any other tracking cookie. It should be noted that Norton does not recognize this threat, so I am totally in the dark about it.

If it is a major threat, how can I avoid it and remove it completely (provided I am not doing it right in the first place), and if it isn't, what exactly IS it?

Here is a HJT log, just incase you need it:

I use Firefox, and so I downloaded and installed SpywareBlaster to block a lot of those pesky cookies that could get on here, but BlackCore didn't seem to be on the list, as it says it is both a cookie and a backdoor trojan.

Anyway, please get back to me on this. It's confusing, to say the least.

Zenobia
2007-06-26, 04:23
Hi.Hijackthis logs aren't allowed in the Spybot forum section:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1266
A moderator might remove it later on.

I was looking at your thread with pskelley and I thought it might be helpful if you posted what Spybot was finding,so that someone here could see it.To do that,could you do this:

Produce a short log (showing items flagged)

Open SpyBot.
Check for problems.
When finished, right click and choose copy results (not the full report) to clipboard and post that into topic.