PDA

View Full Version : Spybot/NOD32 problems

PhantomTa2
2008-08-07, 22:49
I installed the earlier version of Spybot with no problems, but when I try to install the latest version, after it downloads the files, NOD32 automatically deletes said files, such as teatimer, saying "Possible NewHeur_PE virus".
This is a newly reformatted system, nothing else is on there. Also, searching the forums and google for an answer yields nothing useful. Is this a common problem between the two programs since the update and is there a way around it?

drragostea
2008-08-08, 04:29
There is no incompatibility issue with NOD32 and Spybot-SD... well not that I'm aware of. Spybot-SD does not contain any form of intruding malware or spyware. Rest assured this is not malware.

Since this is NOD32's heuristics feature, this can be a possible false positive.

The official ESET Tech forum is located at:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
--
You can register and post this problem to confirm whether it was a false positive or not.

What I suggest for a workaround is to temporarily disable NOD32's real-time protection until the Spybot-SD installation completes. If the problem still persists, you can report it and confirm it (it may be resolved in the next detection update for NOD32).

PhantomTa2
2008-08-08, 12:34
Yeah, I figured it was a FP. Thanks for confirming it