PDA

View Full Version : sqlite3.dll not found

mbient
2008-08-13, 18:31
I accepted the program-generated offer of a program update and the 1.6 update was installed on WinXP Pro. Tried to open SBS&D. Got a Window's message that the app would not open - could not find sqlite3.dll. Said to reinstall the app.

Is this a Window's or SBS&D problem? Or, could it be malware?

I will reinstall, but should I first 'completely' uninstall SBS&D? I get a dire SBS&D warning about uninstalling theapp. Any uninstall complications to be concerned about?

2008-08-13, 20:27
1.) Uninstall spybot completely through add/remove programs. You should have no problems. :) Let us know if you do.

2.) Then download and install the latest version of spybot.

3.) Then open the installer file.

4.) Then make sure download updates immediately is unchecked during the installation process.

Try that and let me know if that helps :) Everything should work smoothly now.

jamie_232
2009-05-18, 08:39
Hey, i had this problem.

Error

"E:\program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\sqlite3.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support."

Tried you're suggestion, still the exact same message when i try to run spybot. Although in the system tray i've got Spybot-SD resident running.
Cant open spybot through that as i get the same error, but i can download updates for it.... But when the command prompt window opens for a brief seccond, i get the error again.

md usa spybot fan
2009-05-18, 13:30
jamie_232:

Is your OS and Spybot actually installed on your E:\ drive?

jamie_232
2009-05-18, 13:32
No, E:\ is just a partishion... I've ALWAYS had spybot in a seproate drive. OS is typically C:\

Im also on vista.

Matt
2009-05-19, 13:32
I've ALWAYS had spybot in a seproate drive

:laugh: Why?

Im also on vista.

Did you install and run Spybot as Admin (right-click and choose run as Admin) ?

Uninstall Spybot completely, install it as Admin where you OS is located and tell us if you've still problems. :)