Thread: Ignore Products missing in 1.5

Default Ignore Products missing in 1.5

I installed 1.5 and on the settings/ ignore products page there were only two entries. One was for a product I had to ignore in 1.4 because Spybot would crash on it everytime I did a scan. The other one, I don't recall what it was but it was not listed in 1.4 as ignored.

1.5 also had Teatimer checked by default so it was running before I even had a chance to look at settings. I don't like that! I don't use TeaTimer and I don't think it should run silently by default.

I uninstalled 1.5 and then 1.4 wouldn't run and wouldn't uninstall so I did a system restore to a restore point just prior to installing 1.5 and have 1.4 back. Oddly though 1.4 now has no entry of my choosing on the ignore products page and the products are all missing on 1.4 now too!

I am using XP ProSP2 and every program I use that has had an update to make it compatible with Vista has borked the program on XP.
    So, I am leery of trying 1.5 again. How long will 1.4 be supported?

Hello,

It would have helped if you have mentioned what the two products were named that are set to ignore.

CDilla and SiteStep are listed to the ignore products by default.
    Please see the following thread for more information:

* Why are CDilla & SideStep checked in Ignore Products?
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=336

If the TeaTimer should be activated or not - there is a setting where you can choose it during the installation.
    Probably you choosed the wrong one.

If you uninstalled 1.5 you have probably also uninstalled version 1.4, as that are the same file names and you did not make an uninstall of the old version before installing the new one.

During the uninstall you have uninstalled all the Spybot files - that means you have also uninstalled the ignore list. Therefore your old settings are not there anymore.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot