Thread: cpu usage 99%

Default cpu usage 99%

I have a problem with trying to get version 1.5 program to load. Clicking on program short cuts it scans my floppy drive then stops. At this point the CPU usage is at 99% if I wait near a minute eventually it loads sometimes it will "not" load the program at all. When it does load the cpu usage returns to normal.

I uninstalled, cleared registry using CCleaner and removed left over program folder. Downloaded a new copy from Safernetworking site this morning and reinstalled and problem sill there. Any ideas?

XP Pro Sp2 updated.
    Resident programs running. ZoneAlarm Free, AVG Free, Comodo BoClean, Winpatrol, Taskcatcher (BillP studios) Asquared AntiMalware,Benighn.

Usually cpu usages stays around 5% with periodic spikes to 35% normally.

Hate to lose this program I love it.

Is there anywhere I can get 1.4 and go back to that? Will I still be able to get current updates?

Thanks
    Take Care
    Celeste

Hello,

We already have located the startup problems in Spybot S&D version 1.5 and fixed it:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=85
    Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot beta:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...15he-beta1.exe

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank You Sandra. I installed it and it took away the startup problem.

I do have one other problem though.

I am under the impression that when I want to update the hosts files that I should remove the ones there then do the update.

When I go to remove them the program hangs again and looking in task manager processes it says 99% again and in applications it says "not responding". I waited a minute and still no change.

Should I open a new thread for this issue?

Thanks again
    Take Care
    Celeste