Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SpyBot will not load

Exclamation SpyBot will not load

I just installed SpyBot version 1.5.1.15 and after installation whenever I click the shortcut (either on the desktop or in the Quick Launch bar) the program will not load. I get an hour glass for just a moment, but nothing. I have to go into the actual program folder and click the .exe file there, and even then it takes forever to load.

I'm wondering what the issue is with this? I did not have this problem with the previous version of SpyBot. I'm using a Windows XP Home machine, and I've tried deleting the shortcuts and creating new ones directly from the program execution file, but I still encounter the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Angry Same issue!

I have exactly the same problem! I run the program and it shows in Task Manager with about 70% memory usage, yet it doesnt load!

I wish Id stuck with 1.4 now.

How do we fix this?

Hello,

We already have located the startup problems in Spybot S&D version 1.5 and fixed it:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=85
    Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot beta:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...15he-beta1.exe

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Ive installed it and Im still having problems. It is stopping during a scan and is eating up my RAM like there is no tomorrow.

Sounds like 1.5 has a lot of work needed doing to it. Im gonna go back to 1.4 for now.

I installed Spy-Bot S&D version 1.5.1.15 on two separate desktops and one laptop and all had the problem of not loading properly, as mentioned in previous postings.

I have reverted back to version 1.4 until the loading problems are fixed. Hopefully it will be soon.

Do any of the Spy-Bot guru's have any idea as to when this application loading problem will be resolved?

I assume the automatic upgrade is being withheld until such time as this issue is resolved.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Herky2:

Quote Originally Posted by Herky2 View Post
    I installed Spy-Bot S&D version 1.5.1.15 on two separate desktops and one laptop and all had the problem of not loading properly, as mentioned in previous postings.
    Have you attempted to follow spybotsandra's advice in Post #3 above and try an updated version of the program?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I read Postings 4 and 5 which indicated they had installed the fix (Beta Version) and were still having loading problems. Therefore I decided not to download and install the supposedly fix.

Are you now saying that the fix has resolved the loading problems?

Thanks

Hello,

There is already a new beta out:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...15he-beta2.exe

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Smile

Hello All,
    I too was having the same problem as other users mentioned here about either the slow startup or not starting at all of version 1.5 . Thank goodness they released this :
    Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot beta:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...15he-beta1.exe
    Now I'm happy once again, it's no fun at all to try and use such GREAT software, if you can't even get it to launch properly. Thanks SO much !!
    David