Thread: Distributed Testing, updated to 1.6 and leaving beta status

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I should clarify. Running the standalone client is a model that'll show you what the real thing will look like. The Testing Console is the real stuff.

@Drragosta: maybe you should re-check your knowledge about the stand-alone client. (I've got like 60 pages of testing @this confirming it's working)
    It's an actual working component you know, it just does all the testing when you start the program, it isn't like the service (which starts-up@start-up )

@Anyone of the S&D team: does the client fail (often) when certain malware is able to recognize that's it's being spotted?
    In this example: Win32.TDSS.pe-Buster; It seems to be on A pc of some 'friends' & they regularly practice bad Internet usage..
    Strangely enough Internet was usable up-to some level until Avira's scanner removed some of the malware.. (now they don't have Internet access on that particular pc/computer.)
    Last edited by Rouke; 2009-04-07 at 04:38. Reason: adding A Q..

Yeah, good point . I didn't read enough books about it.

Enlighten me (the differences between the two)? : D
    Even though the Stand-alone client has "Non-Service Version" logo on the window title.

I don't know what - if anything - changed, but the "Beta testing service Console" is now working correctly on my wifes' computer.

Starts w/Windows, shows in SYSTRAY and accurately logs the tests as they happen without my having to open the stand-alone client to see that. Pete