Hi, I'm new to the forums, and gather that my question is probably a little stupid and over-asked, however I can't quite make sense of the FAQs, or the other threads I have read don't quite seem to relate to my V. of Spybot.

The question in brief is, how do I disable SDHelper and TeaTimer in Spybot 1.6.0.30.

Also, is this the best version of Spybot to use?

The problem at length, which isn't too important right now, is:

Since installing Spybot, my computer has DIED in terms of speed. The simplest operations are nearly impossible, however when I uninstall it my PC works basically fine. However, after running scans with SpyBot [which take forever for some reason] I know Spybot finds a lot of files which I have done some reading on, and which are all very bad [naturally] and worse versions of these had caused big problems on my PC previously,
so I want to keep Spybot.

I don't mind the occasional scan that takes forever, but if once it has finished the pc is still slow, it is a toss up between having bad files or a computer that loads things.

I have read that SDHelper [and TeaTimer to some extent] has been the cause of a LOT of slowed computers. Also I am technologically retarded, and I have read that approving or denying these TeaTimer requests to make registry changes can make a real mess out of a computer system. I had no idea and have just been hitting "approve", thinking that was the right thing to do.

Again, I tried with the FAQ's, and things seem to point to SDHelper and TeaTimer being the worry.

I would like to try turning them off, and just keeping spybot's immunize function.

Thank you SO much in advance for any help, and I appreciate everybody who works on this great program and posts in these forums to help silly people like myself who don't know how to use these programs correctly.
Cheers !!