Thread: Virtumonde.sdn

Default Virtumonde.sdn

Could i get some help please, Spybot S&D has been identifying a file kdfinj.dll as a virtumonde.sdn on my computer, when it deletes it is back at startup.I have thrown everything i can find at it from vundo fix,trend house call,microsoft security essentials,windows defender,super antispyware,malwarebytes, adaware, all with no detection. I use Trend micro internet security pro, so i emailed them to ask if the suspect files were theirs as they state in C;\windows\system32\(kdfinj.dll)-(kdfhok.dll)-(kdfapi.dll)(kdfmgr)(kdfvmgr).The reply i got back from Trend was that all of the files i submitted were all associated with keystroke encryption and they said that they were aware of certain files being identified as malware by other software, but are false positives. Apart from a slow computer due to a small amount of ram, i have no pop ups or redirections of any sort. I have searched FAQ'S with no luck so i hope someone can clear this up for me please ---Thank you

Windows xp -- sp3 --IE8

Hello oysterboy

This is the malware removal forum FAQ: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

If there is no sign of infection and other scans come up clean please start a topic here: How to report Possible False Positives

Best Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016