Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vistaprint

Default vistaprint

www.vistaprint.com appear as an entry in the hosts file (127.0.0.1)

VistaPrint is a legitimate company I have done business with for several years.

Hello bkmtech,

There are a few topics regarding VistaPrint, please see this one: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=54527

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Cool

I read the link you sent me.

I am not sure how much Spybot should be concerning themselves with situations like this. As I said, I have been doing business with them for years,and have never, ever had a problem with them. In fact I placed 4 separate orders with them last night

Does Spybot really want to block every site that people have a problem with.

I want Vistaprint removed from the immunization database. I don't want to have to go into the hosts file and remove this entry every time I immunize.

I can understand how Spybot is trying to protect people, but if you try to protect every idiot from their own actions you will cause a lot of unnecessary frustration to people, such as myself who could not access this website for months until I finally figured out what could be wrong.

But also impacting a business, who as far as I am concerned is very legitimate, and should also be considered innocent until proved guilty.

A lawsuit is not a verdict.

Angry

After reading more threads about Vistaprint, I'll just say this.

I have never had a problem with them. They send out a ton of marketing E-Mails, but I signed up for them.

They have never overbilled me, or double billed me, or fraudulently billed me.

Every time I order I have to reenter my credit card number. Even if I placed another order 5 minutes ago.

I read the posts, I don't even believe half the crap that is written.

But rather than argue the point, because I am sure some dissatisfied person will chime in with some compaint that cannot be verified, is there some way for me to prevent spybot from adding this entry again every time I immunize.

Spybot is not helping me by preventing me from accessing a website I want to use, and have used dozens of times.

Angry

I have been doing a little more research into VistaPrint, and feel that Spybot has overeached.

Spybot should be protecting computer users from spyware/adware.

And they should be protecting computer users from companies that sell fake security/antivirus software.

But when Spybot takes it upon itself to become a self-appointed online Better Business Bureau, let me say this

I have half a mind to write VistaPrint and tell them what is going on.

I want Spybot to either remove this entry from the immunization database or supply me with a foolproof method to prevent this entry from being made in the hosts file again.

Vistaprint is currently in review, if all is well it will be removed from immunization with the update 2010-02-10.

However if the spam links provided by certain so called bad affiliates are still active Vistaprint will not be removed.

Vistaprint is a typical example for irresponsible affiliate marketing, as long as it is online no one appears to care about who they pay as long as they get their advertising. This often results in payment for Spammers, which are criminals, no more no less.
    Many marketing companies are very reluctant in prosecuting Spammers since they do not see the possible dangers in affiliation with criminals.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default That's all well and good...

but for several weeks now I've had to borrow someone elses computer to access Vistaprint with whom I regularly do business (with no problems, by the way!).

I love Spybot for what it does right, but it should not block a major business like Vistaprint without giving us a a very clear choice to opt out. We have the Better Business Bureau to handle that kind of stuff.

Seriously, I spent over an hour trying to figure out why vistaprint was down, I needed to get a postcard order out for a client... never thought there would be a relationship between a spyware program and vistaprint.

Been using them for 3 years, for myself and clients, about 10 orders per year, never a problem.

Angry

Yodama

This is precisley the point I tried to make earlier.

It is not SPYBOT's place to be an online beter business bureau.

There is not one thing that VistaPrint or it's affiliates are doing that is harmful to your computer, or misleading about your computer.

And the fact that other people other than myself or complaining about this should be more of a concern to you than some idiot that clicks on an offer link and accepts an offer without reading the fine print.

You don't remove VistaPrint from the imminuzation database I will stop immunizing my hosts file.

I don't need SPYBOT to be my mother.
    Last edited by bkmtech; 2010-02-09 at 15:33.

Thumbs up

This was your statement.

Vistaprint is a typical example for irresponsible affiliate marketing, as long as it is online no one appears to care about who they pay as long as they get their advertising. This often results in payment for Spammers, which are criminals, no more no less.
    Many marketing companies are very reluctant in prosecuting Spammers since they do not see the possible dangers in affiliation with criminals.

I think VistaPrint should be informed that you are insinuating that they are affilated with criminals.