Thread: FalsePositives Detections as: Bredolab.fb - Trojans.+++

Thumbs down FalsePositives Detections as: Bredolab.fb - Trojans.+++

Since Fridays Spybot S&D updates, Spybot/Teatimer(?) scans have been detecting different Legitimate programs I have on my PC, as having the 'Bredolab.fb - Trojan this or that. What gives?

I have disabled this detection in Spybots Exceptions till something gets fixed by you guys. I have rescanned these detected programs with several other security programs & they all come up clean! And should be until Spybot suddenly decides that they are all infected!

I have been using these programs for a long time & know that they are clean.

Para

How to report possible False Positives
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-08-09 at 21:06. Reason: Moved topic to F/P forum, added link :-)

thank you for mentioning a possible false positive, but to confirm and fix this issue we need details, for instance what was actually falsely detected.
    Giving the name as what is was detected is not enough, especially if it is a false positive.

in this link you also provided in your post you can find how to provide better informtion, for instance since the false positive occurs with the TeaTimer, you should get the resident log file. Post the file here or send it to detections@spybot.info with a reference to this thread. If possible also attach the file that was falsely flagged so we can see why it was falsely flagged.

Since it is a TeaTimer false positive after an update, make sure to reboot your computer or restart the TeaTimer.
    Last edited by Yodama; 2010-08-10 at 07:17.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.