Thread: Scan not progressing, though there's no error message

Angry Scan not progressing, though there's no error message

in my netbook, every time i run the "check for problems" feature, the scan starts ok but it wont advance from a certain point (around 30% of progress).

in the info bar on the lower bottom of the spybot s&d window i get the following info:

166050/787371: Fraud.UPSInvoice

Every time i run the scan it wont advance any further after reaching this point.

Every time i ran the scan i choose to delete the temp files for fastening the scan. still i noticed that every time i run the scan again i am asked to delete the same amount of temp files. this makes me wonder if the temp files are really being deleted by spybot.

btw, i also noticed that every time i start the spybot application i get the same notice about being unable to use certain online services if i delete their entries. i always check the box "dont show this message again" but every time i run the app the same message pops up

so maybe spybot is not saving my settings and not deleting the temp files and that may be related to the non progressing scan.

im running on windows XP.

help would be lovely

thx

Hello,

1. Please make sure that you are running the latest version of Spybot - Search & Destroy including the latest updates.

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
    There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
    It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2011/02/16.

2. If this does not help please edit the shortcut icon on your desktop that is used to run Spybot-S&D.
    Rightclick the icon and choose properties.
    Then include a /verbose (with a space tab in front) in it's link location at "Target".
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /verbose
    To see how to do that please have a look at this link in our forum.
    Or have a look at this "how to flash tutorial".
    When you do a scan now, it will show an 8 digit number in the status bar at the bottom, like $1234ABCD.
    Please mail that information to our detectives team under: detections(at)spybot.info
    They can use this information to look up where exactly it hangs. Thanks.

3. You always have temp files on your pc when you use the computer.

4. Which error message do you get exactly?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot