This is my first time here so I hope I have posted in the correct place. I had some stubborn malware (sweetpacks and selectlinks and a few others) that Norton did not detect, so a friend told me to download and run Spybot which came up with 3 items. I was able to get rid of one and with the help of my friend remove the other two. She said I need to go to the Spybot forums. Here is what she said.

The reason to go to the Forums is that 99% of the time there are files left in your registry from the spyware/adaware. It is not safe to delete those files or even use a program to do so unless you know exactly what you are doing. There will also be files left in your App data folder, again something I would not recommend that you try to delete, & they often use very different names, so they are harder to detect. By going to the forums they will guide you through posting the file names & then let you know if there is anything that you still need to delete. So here I am. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks