Thread: Is AutoIt flagged or not?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is AutoIt flagged or not?

Hi this is my first post.

I'm not certain if the AutoIt user who posted the following thread on autoitscript.com forum has infected files or not. I have not been able to confirm this as a false positive since my detection rules are out of date. I don't intend to update Spybot S&D to confirm the result, since that has the potential to make my life very complicated. I have very many au3 scripts on my system and if SpyBot S&D is throwing false positives on AutoIt, or compiled au3 scripts, many people including myself will have problems with that.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/to...-as-yobdamait/

I have used Spybot for many years and it is what I consider to be an industry standard. I joined to ask for assurances that AutoIt is not being flagged as malware. Saying AutoIt is malware would be like saying javascript or ruby is malware.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw light on this.
    ---------------------------------
    It appears I posted this in the wrong forum. If it could be moved to False Positives.

Thank you.
    I posted a topic in the wrong forum and have had no reply. I should have posted the following topic here. Please could someone look into this, since I would like to update my detection rules, but I am too afraid to do so.

Is this a false positive? If nobody can answer this question, does anyone know who to ask?
    It seems I'm not the only concerned user:

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...62&postcount=1
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-12-03 at 15:15. Reason: Merged topics/posts